Sunday, May 18, 2014

Generation 1, Chapter 40


It's been several months since Peter went to the future and as expected his remission was termed a miracle by all current medical technology. Peter would always be thankful to Emit for suggesting the treatment and for the help of his sons. Mostly he was thankful for the second chance he was given to spend time with his family, his children and the love of his life, Jean.

"Honey, what is it? You've been staring at the board for at least five minutes now" Jean interrupted his thoughts.

"Oh sorry, I was lost in thought, I guess."

"About?" Jean prompted.

Smiling at her, Peter said "I was thinking about how lucky I am to have you in my life. Have I ever told you how much I appreciated you standing by me and the kids during my illness?"

"Yes you have, often" Jean smiled "and I'd do it again." Hesitating a moment Jean continued "the Doctor's they're sure the cancer is in remission, right?"

Stretching his hand out, Peter took Jean's hand and kissed it saying "Yes they're sure. I've never felt better. I'm back to my old self again." Noticing Jean's beautiful blue eyes were glistening with unshed tears Peter continued "Honey I'm going to share a secret with you. The cancer's not just in remission, I'm completely cured."

Fighting back tears, Jean took Peter's hand and caressed it against her cheek "I know that's what you want to believe but you have to accept the facts that the cancer could come back and um, I don't know how I will handle it if it does. I tried so hard to be positive, I don't know if I could do it again."

Peter knew he had to tell her the complete truth in order to ease her fears. He couldn't let her worry about his health; although no one knew what the future might hold but she didn't need to worry needlessly about something that was cured. He explained about Emit, the time portal and how the boys helped him. How he was really cured. When he was done Jean turned to Peter and asked "Peter will you take me to the future?"

"Yes but the less we use the time portal the better. We don't want risk disrupting the time line."

"I agree but there's something important I have to do there." At the look of bewilderment on Peter's face she continued "I want to thank Emit for giving me my husband back."


While Peter and Jean were talking downstairs, Brian overheard a phone conversation between Windy and Vallari.

"Yes, yes I just told you, he has a clean bill of health." Brian knew she was talking about his Dad. He wanted to rip the phone from her hand and tell Vallari that his Dad's health was none of her business. If it hadn't been for her, his Dad wouldn't have been ill in the first place. He continued to linger in the room listening.

"No I told you, I can't do that." Brian wondered what Vallari wanted Windy to do. "Vallari, please" Windy almost pleaded into the phone "I said no. I won't hurt Adam like that. I just can't." Brian almost felt sorry for Windy. Whatever was being discussed didn't sound good and Windy was being pressured by a very skilled manipulator.

"Ok, ok" Windy agreed in defeat and as she put her phone away she wiped a tear from her cheek saying to herself 'what have I gotten myself into?"

Brian wondered what he should do. Should he tell his Dad or Adam that something might happen? He didn't know which was the target or it could even be both. Should he put himself out on the line and approach Windy to see if she would open up to him? Would that make him a target in the future?


Adam decided to take his Dad's advise and went on a date with Janelle Crowell. Janelle was Elliot's babysitter, she was nice and kind of pretty. They went to a horse ranch but the owners refused to let them take any horses out due to the rain. They were afraid the thunder and lightening might startle the horses and they didn't want them getting hurt. So they stood around for awhile hoping the rain would stop. While they waited, they talked about a few things, like his love of science and her love of horses. Adam was glad when the date ended though, he felt like he was cheating on Windy the entire time. 


After talking with Jean, Peter decided to get some fresh air and went to work in the garden. Corina came over to watch him work.

"Dad do you like growing things?"

"Yes, it's relaxing and I enjoy it."

"Dad you're all better, right?" Corina asked changing the subject.

"Yes honey, I am." Peter confirmed.

"Good! I didn't like it when you were sick."

"Honey, want to know a secret?"

Corina eagerly nodded saying "Yes".

"I didn't like being sick either. I saw how scared everyone was."

Corina nodded her head and said "I was scared".

"I know sweetheart and I'm sorry." Peter told her giving her a hug.

Corina hugged him back saying "I love you Daddy".


Brian was wandering around the house debating with himself, trying to decide what he should do. He didn't want anything to happened to his Dad or brother but he didn't think he could handle being a target of Vallari's wrath either. He heard Elliot fussing and went into his room to see what Elliot needed.

"Hey little big man, what's the matter?"

Elliot giggled in reply, delighting in the attention he always received from everyone around him. "Well from the smell, I think you need a diaper change."


Jean was happily preparing supper for the family. She enjoyed cooking; although she wished she was a better cook than she was. Peter always told her he loved her cooking but she knew he was biased. but as long as it was edible that was all she asked. They seldom had a chance to all sit down together as a family. Primarily there wasn't room for all of them around the table and everyone's schedules were so different. Tonight though, they planned on talking to Windy while they ate.


"So Windy, how's your job going? Do you like it?" Jean asked to get things rolling.

Shrugging, Windy said "It's ok. I like the extra money but it's not very challenging."

Considering that for a moment Peter asked "Is there something you're interested in?"

"I'm not really sure yet. I've been offered scholarships to learn massage therapy but I'm not sure that's what I want to do. But I think I would like to do something in the medical field though."

"That's very commendable. So you're interested in going to college?" Jean inquired.

"Of course, if I can I mean, aren't you guys going to help me?"

"Do you want our help?" Peter replied.

"What do you mean?" Windy asked.

"Well it appears to us that you go out of your way to get what you want with little to no effort on your part." Jean stated.

Windy instantly wanted to take offense but then remembered her phone conversation with Vallari and knew they were right. She wondered if she wanted to be like Vallari and was it too late to change?

"To be honest, we're a little concerned about your relationship with Vallari. We're concerned that she may not be the best influence for you" Peter explained.

"You can't dictate who my friends are" Windy said angrily.

"No you're right and we won't. However you do live in our house and are subject to our rules. We would appreciate your cooperation in following the house rules. Do you think you can do that?" Peter reasoned.

Taking a deep breath Windy nodded her agreement. She wondered if she could or would Vallari suggest she do otherwise?

After Windy left, Jean turned to Peter and asked "Do you think she will?"

"I don't know dear. I hope so. I wish I knew what Vallari had on her. You can tell she wants to belong here but for whatever reason she does whatever Vallari tells her to do to cause trouble."

"What if she continues to cause problems? What will we do?"

"Then I think we might have to consider sending her away to boarding school. I'd hate to do that but getting her away from Vallari might be the best thing for her."



Peter was still contemplating the possibility of sending Windy to boarding school, when Doloris asked him for a bedtime story. Peter missed being able to read to his girls when he had been so ill. He cherished these moments, knowing that the time was soon approaching when they wouldn't want him to read bedtime stories. When Doloris was asleep, Peter leaned over and tenderly kissed her cheek.



Meanwhile Brian had finally come to a decision. He joined Windy in the living room, pretending to be watching her play a video game.

"Windy I heard you talking to Vallari earlier today" Brian began "I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't discuss my Dad's health with that woman."

"She was only interested in his welfare."

"No she wasn't and you know it" Brian insisted "What does she want you to do?"

"Nothing" Windy told him still playing her game.

"I heard you tell her no repeatedly and then you caved. I won't let you hurt my family."

"It's none of your business" Windy growled at him.

"It is my business when it involves my family" Brian persisted.

"If you know what's good for you, you'll drop this." Windy told him as she walked away.




8 comments:

  1. Yeah... Windy's last statement... I don't trust the blue haired little girl, not one bit. I do agree she might not be as bad as Vallari as far as like her own ideas, but someone who is that easily manipulated shouldn't be trusted. I like Peter's idea of boarding school, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wi'ndy's statement to Brian is kind of a warning, don't get involved. Hopefully she doesn't tell Vallari that Brian heard them talking, then he should be ok. Windy feels trapped into doing what Vallari tells her to do and she is scared of her too. Windy is easily manipulated but you have to remember too that she hasn't been reel that long and not that skilled in defending herself. She was a vulnerable target that Vallari was able to shape into what she is today.

      Delete
  2. Yeah... Windy has blue hair because the lack of oxygen to her brain.
    :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Windy isn't too bright but she is a vulnerable individual that Vallari is taking advantage of. Windy is starting to realize that there are some things that Vallari is demanding of her that she really doesn't want to do.

      Delete
  3. Boarding school sounds good. Send her away! Her and Vallari are a bunch of psychopaths. At least Peter is feeling well :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peter's too much of a softy to send Windy away. Jean may have to take things in her hands and just do it. Psychopaths .... hmmm never thought of it that way. Vallari is evil, manipulative, obsessive and the list could go on. Windy is vulnerable and an easy target for Vallari to control and she's an eager student lapping up everything Vallari is teaching her. Yay Peter is healthy again, hopefully he stays that way.

      Delete