Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Generation 1, Chapter 50


"Dad how was your trip to the future?" Adam asked early the next morning.

"Short. Emit is still concerned with fluctuations in the timeline. So we didn't stay long."

"Too bad, I know mom would have enjoyed exploring."

"Yeah, maybe next time. She did get to meet Emit though and that was what she wanted."

"Good, Emits' a pretty good guy."

"He's a good friend. But it seems to me that there's something bothering him though. I wish I knew what, so that I could help him."

"I'd like a chance to repay him for helping us too."

"I hope that whatever is wrong isn't related to having helped me."

"I never thought of that. I sure hope not. Hopefully we can help if he asks. Do you think we should go to the future and find out?" Adam asked concerned.

"No I'm going to trust he knows what to do. Also I think he confided in Jean and if so, he must think she's the one who can help."

Adam looked at his Dad, wondering if this was truly the best course of action to take. Shrugging he decided to accept that there was nothing he could do for now. He decided to work out on the treadmill as a way to work through his frustrations.


Brian had a different set of frustrations to work through. He still hadn't figured out why he couldn't get a date. So he poured his heart out through his music. He loved playing the cello more than the guitar and spent more time practicing it than anything else.

He was seriously considering making his imaginary friend real, at least he would always have his best friend. But he couldn't help but wonder if Pat would be like Windy and that thought kept him from following through. He wouldn't want to regret that decision once it was made.


Peter got dressed and went outside to play tag with Elliot. Elliot was bouncing off the walls, he was so full of energy. It had snowed for days and he was tired of being indoors. When Peter went outside he glanced up and noticed Vallari in her front yard. She was staring intently at Elliot in a way that set Peter's teeth on edge.

Peter wondered what she was up to and why she was watching his son. He wanted to believe that with her advancing age that the threat to his family would diminish but so far it had only intensified. He could feel the hate emanating from her and every ounce was focused on him and his family.

"Hey Dad you can't catch me," Elliot yelled running around the side of the house.

"Ready or not, here I come," Peter yelled back giving chase.


While Adam exercised, Doloris gathered up the laundry to wash. Feeling out of sorts, Doloris found Adam exercising irritating while she slaved away doing laundry. Why couldn't he help? Why did she have to do everything? After she loaded the washing machine, she glared at Adam's back.



Seeing that glare in the mirror, Adam quit running and confronted Doloris. "What's the look for?"

"Because your a lazy, good for nothing brother who doesn't do anything."

"Hey I do stuff to help out all the time."

"Like what? Come on tell me. If you do so much you should be able to tell me," Doloris challenged.




"I don't have to prove anything to you," Adam said refusing to rise to the bait.

"That's because you can't."

"No it's because I don't want to. Besides it's about time you did something around the house anyway."

"I do more than you," Doloris said feeling put upon and irritated because Elias hadn't called to ask her out.

"You only did the laundry because you don't have anything else to do. I bet Elias is tired of arguing with you and decided to stay away for awhile."

 
Doloris' eyes narrowed and she restrained herself from scratching Adam's eyes out, saying instead "At least my boyfriend isn't an evil clone of Vallari. Have you heard from Windy lately?"

"She's not a ... just leave her out of this," Adam said stumbling over his words.

"She hasn't called has she? Maybe she found someone else and no longer needs you," Doloris continued knowing she was deliberately hurting her brother. She didn't care, he deserved it after what he said about Elias.

Adam balled his hands into fists and walked towards the bathroom to shower. Slamming the door shut Adam let himself digest what Doloris said. Could she be right? It had been several days since Windy called. Could she have met someone else?


Corina had left the house early to meet up with Dakota. She was feeling pretty good with her juggling skills and so far neither of her boyfriends had made a fuss or demanded she to choose between them. She wondered briefly why Dakota wanted to meet in this far off park. It was pretty but she hoped that by the time she got there she wouldn't be frozen to death.


Upon seeing Dakota waiting for her, Corina quickened her pace and gave him a hug.

It's good to see you," Dakota said happy that she had been willing to meet him. He felt lucky to be able to call her his girlfriend, even if it meant sharing her with someone else. He didn't think he would be able to get anyone else.


"Hi Dakota," Corina said taking his hands in hers "Why'd you want to meet here? I thought we were going to the movies."

"Well um I," Dakota stuttered "Chase told me if I was going to take you out I couldn't take you anywhere that people could see."

"What, why?" Corina asked laughing.

"He said he had a reputation to maintain and he didn't want people to think you would date someone who looked like me."


"Chase really shouldn't talk, he's not much to look at either," Corina said laughing harder.

Smiling sadly, Dakota hung his head "So you think I'm ugly too."

Seeing how sad and dejected Dakota looked, Corina took her hands and gently lifted his chin and gave him a kiss. "Now would I do that if I thought you were ugly?"


Meanwhile Adam was getting ready to go out with Brian to the movies.

"Dad don't wait up for us. We're going to the late movie, then we'll come straight home."

"Ok just call if something happens and you'll be later."

"Sure Dad. Thanks for trusting us out past curfew."

"No problem. Have you decided on a college yet?"

Groaning inwardly Adam replied "Not yet."

"Your running out of time. I don't want to push_"

"Then don't," Adam said cutting him off. "Sorry but it's my decision."

"Yes it is. I didn't mean to imply it wasn't," Peter said then added "I hope you're not stalling for Windy to make a decision."

"What if I am? There's nothing wrong with wanting to go to the same college as your girlfriend," Adam stalked off lost in his thoughts. The conversation he had with Doloris earlier that day had left him filled with doubts and he hadn't been able to get a hold of Windy all day either.
 

5 comments:

  1. Sibling rivalry at its best here, LOL, both Adam and Doloris picking on each other about their significant others. I wonder what's going on with Windy and Elias, and if any of the things Adam and Doloris said about them are true.

    Did I miss something about Corina? I didn't know both the guys she was dating knew that she was doing that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Windy's being Windy and Doloris is just guessing but she's more right than she knows. There's nothing up with Elias other than Doloris misplacing her phone and missing her calls. The next chapter shows it more. She's a bit absent minded like her dad.

      Chase knew about Dakota when Corina told him she was going to the dance with Dakota and not him. But I guess I never mentioned how Dakota found out. In my head Chase confronted Dakota but Dakota didn't want to but agreed to see her where no one else could see them.

      Delete
  2. I don't like Windy at all but here she is, needed for Emit's existence. What a tight situation to be in. I'm just as confused as Adam is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I'm afraid you're going to have stay confused at least until Adam figures it out. It's going to heartbreaking I'm afraid and you'll really grow to hate her even more once you start gen 2.

      Delete