Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Generation 2, Chapter 24 - Secrets and Hidden Agendas


One afternoon Shannon came by the house to see how Adam was doing. "I'm fine," Adam told her. "How are you coping without Brian?"

"As good as can be expected I guess," she replied.

Looking at her Adam smiled "I miss him too."

She smiled in relief "I get tired of putting on a strong front for people."

"You don't have to, at least not in front of me," Adam told her. "Are you feeling ok?"

"Sure, just a little tired," Shannon sat on the couch patting the cushion next to her.



Sitting down Adam turned to her asking "any particular reason why your tired?" He attempted to figure out if it was her health or just worry over Brian being out of town.

A feint smile flashed across her face as she replied "that's a not so subtle inquiry into my health if I ever heard one."

Chuckling a little Adam said "you're right, do you mind?"

"No I guess not," she smiled at him. "How's the baby?"

"Good, hardly makes a sound," Adam moved to get up "would you like to hold her?"


"Not right now," Shannon bit her lip to stop herself from continuing. Adam looked at her in concern before sitting down beside her.

"Something's wrong I can tell," he grabbed her hand "is the leukemia back?" That would be the worst possible news he could give his brother. Even worse since Brian was out of town.

"No it's not that," Shannon sighed.

"If it's not that then what is it?" Adam asked trying to figure out why she was acting so weird. "You're not leaving Brian are you?" he asked jumping to the wrong conclusion. "If you are the least you could do is wait until he's home to tell him."

Lifting her hand she pressed her fingers against his mouth to stop the flow of words. She laughed at him saying "don't be silly I'd never leave Brian, at least not willingly. I'm pregnant."

"You're what?" Adam choked not sure he heard right.

 
"I'm pregnant," Shannon repeated laughing at his astonished face. "I want it to be a surprise. Please don't tell anyone."

"I won't I promise," Adam smiled wide at her "have you told Brian yet?"

Shaking her head "do you think I should? I mean I don't want to distract him while he's doing Sim Star.  It was hard enough to convince him to do the show, if he finds out I'm pregnant he'll be on the first flight home."

"Are there any health risks that he should know about?" Adam asked in concern uncomfortable with keeping this a secret.

Shaking her head "no in fact I'm a little surprised that I got pregnant so easy. I expected to have fertility issues with all my past cancer treatments it was a possibility."

"Well I'm happy for you and Brian," Adam told her then added with a  mischievous grin "the next thing you'll be telling me is your having twins."

"Don't say that, one at a time is enough," she laughed. "Have you seen Doloris and the twins? They're just adorable."



"She brought them by just the other day," Adam smiled at the memory. Doloris appeared to be happy in her role as mom. "the twins are just a little over a year older than Irissa."

"What are there names again?" Shannon asked trying to recall them. "Joseph and Rebecca, right?"

"That's it," Adam confirmed "so how far along are you?"


"Not far, a few weeks," she smiled "they're honeymoon babies." Shannon got up "I should be going or I'll be late for my appointment." At Adam's look of concern she laughed "don't worry it's just a checkup."

Relieved Adam followed her to the door "Shannon if you need anything while Brian's gone let me know."

"I'll do that," Shannon accepted "remember this is our secret, at least until I figure out how to tell Brian."


"I promise," Adam hugged her goodbye. "Don't take too long, people will start asking questions. It's not like you can hide a pregnant belly."

Laughing up at him Shannon agreed "speaking from experience?"


"I am, so take my advice and tell Brian as soon as you can." Adam watched Shannon drive away waving. Why couldn't he have found someone like that? Brian was lucky to have found her. Sighing Adam shook his head at his foolishness in picking Windy of all people. But he couldn't regret the little boy that resulted from that relationship.

***

"How's daddy's little princess?" Adam asked as he lifted Irissa from her crib. Wrinkling his nose he gagged "ugh gross," he looked at the little girl in his arms "what have you been eating? Cow manure?" Where's the clothes pin when you need one? He would gladly chop his nose off right this second if it meant he wouldn't have to smell her diaper.

He set a speed record changing her diaper. Leaving the room with Irissa secure in his arms he bumped into Faith and Grace coming into the room.


"Adam come quick," Faith gasped out of breath.

"Heath needs you, now?" Grace added pulling at his arm.

"What's happening?" Adam asked beginning to panic.

"The lady with the blue air ...." Faith started to explain.

Before she was able to finish, Adam was running towards the door, mindless of the infant in his arms. He was in full panic mode when he rounded the corner beholding Heath struggling with Windy. "What do you think you're doing?" he bellowed at her as he ran up beside his son.


Dropping her hands from Heath's arms, Windy coldly eyed Adam as he ran up beside his son. Heath visibly breathed a sigh of relief "dad the bad lady tried to make me go with her but I fought her off."

"I'm not 'the bad lady," Windy huffed "I'm your mother."

"No you're not," Heath asserted "you're a bad lady. All you ever do is hurt me and my dad. That in my book makes you a bad lady," Heath told her lifting his chin.

"What nonsense have you been telling this boy?" Windy glared at Adam.

"Only the truth," Adam said "he concluded the rest himself. Heath go in the house and wait for me."

"No not until the bad lady goes," Heath obstinately stood his ground.

"Heath do as you're told," Adam demanded.

"No," Heath shot back. "I just got you back. I'm not letting this so called mother of mine hurt you or Irissa." He crossed his arms "I'm staying."


At the mention of Irissa Adam realized she was in his arms, staring up at him in alarm. "Ok son we'll do it you're way." Taking his phone from his pocket, he handed it to Heath "call your grandpa and tell him of our unwelcome visitor."

Taking the phone from his father, Heath did as he was told. Disconnecting he listened to them argue.

"Windy you need to leave," Adam told her.

"Don't be like that Adam," Windy said coming closer to him. "We used to be good together, don't you remember?"

"No I don't," Adam told her coldly.

Smiling up at him Windy winked "it must have been good once. Look at our son, that's the result of our love." She attempted to wrap her arms around him.

"Don't," Adam stepped back forcing her to drop her arms. "Whatever we had was ruined a long time ago. Your manipulations don't work with me anymore. Give up and go home."

"You need me," she purred in his ears as she stepped close to him. Laughing as Adam sidestepped her move, she knew eventually she would corner him, it was only a matter of time.


"Don't you mean, you need me," Adam said "how many kids did Scot leave you with?"

"Three," Windy shouted losing patience "and all three are as worthless as their father."

Out of the corner of his eye Adam saw a girl a year or so younger than Heath glaring at Windy. "Is that one of them?" Adam asked hoping to divert Windy's attention and hopefully stop her from saying anything else.

Turning to see who he was talking about Windy yelled at the little girl "didn't I tell you to stay in the car?"

The girl shook under her mother's harsh glare "I .... I" taking a breath "Maurice is hungry and needs to be changed," she stammered.

"So what do you expect me to do about it?" Windy yelled at her.

"But .... but mama," she stuttered glancing over at Adam than back at her mother. "You said you'd be right back. You said it wouldn't take long to get our brother."

As her words resounded in his head Adam was overcome with a desire to throttle the woman in front of him. "You were planning to take my son and would have if he hadn't fought you."


"Yes," she snapped at him. "He's my son too. You've kept him from me."

"You never wanted him, remember?" Adam shouted back at her. "You signed the papers giving up all rights to him. Why now? Why do you want him now?"

"Because he's yours," she shouted at him "I'd take that green brat too if it meant you'd come back to me." She struggled as two officers pinned her arms behind her back.

"You're delusional," Adam told her putting an arm around Heath.

"But you'd come," Windy asserted "you'd come because of them." She nodded towards them. "Your love for them would have made you come."

"You're right, I'd have come for them, not you." Adam told her "but you would never have me. You would have had the shell that looked like me but inside where it counts, you'd never have me."




Windy screamed, struggling against the officers as they handcuffed her. Glaring at Adam she growled "I'll get you one day and you won't escape."

One of the officers started to give her her rights when she turned on him shouting "I know my rights, so shut up." She screamed as the officer ignored her as he led her to the police car.

As Adam began to walk back towards the house, an officer ran up to him. "Sir she says your the children's guardian."

"I'm what?" Adam asked shocked.

"The children's guardian," the officer pointed towards a group of small children huddled together beside an old beat up car.


"She's mistaken. I'm not their guardian," Adam told the officer.

"Maybe you could take them just for the night," Officer suggested "otherwise we'll have to get social services involved."

As much as it pained Adam to see those frightened children, he knew he couldn't take them. It was just another trap. He couldn't take Windy's children without giving her hope that he still cared, not to mention future trouble with Scot. Her words came back to him and realized that if he took the children, she would have him. He would never be able to let the children go back to her once she was out of jail. He wouldn't have the heart to abandon them to her tender mercies. Shaking his head "no I can't I'm sorry."

"With all due respect sir they are your son's half siblings," the officer reasoned.


Looking at the officer Heath stepped away from his father, stomping his foot "I don't care if they're my half siblings. I don't know them and don't want to know them. I never knew about them until the bad lady came to take me away with them." He looked towards his dad "I don't want them here."

Smiling at his son Adam turned to the officer "my son said it all. You'll have to make other arrangements."
 

 
If you' like to read more about Brian at Sim Idol you can check it out here Sim Star Idol

 
 

3 comments:

  1. LOL, Windy. She threatened Adam right in front of the police officers. That would have totally been kidnapping because legally Windy has no rights to Heath when she signed them away. Yeah... I don't think Adam has any obligation to Windy's kids with Scot because Adam has no ties to Windy anymore, she's just become his stalker. He's not involved with her, and neither is Heath, so her kids should just go to child services or back home to Scot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Windy isn't too smart sometimes. Windy is desperate, with Scot in prison and three little ones to care of she wants someone she can control. She feels Adam is an easy target and knows if she could have lured Heath away with her, Adam would have done whatever she wanted. Windy will be going back the jail over this and now those kids are without both parents. Which in the end is probably a good thing. But Windy wants Adam to take them. But Adam knows the moment he does that is opening he door wide open to Windy to walk right through and for retaliation from Scot later on. He's not going to do that Heath or Irissa because ultimately those are his kids and they mean more to him than anything.

      Delete