Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Generation 1, Chapter 46


It was a warm fall day when Peter received a call from the police telling him they recovered Adam's stolen car. Peter was excited to tell Adam the news and he went in search of him, finding him playing horseshoes with Doloris. Peter smiled fondly at his children appreciating the gift he had been given that he could watch his children grow up. He knew that everything he had suffered was worth it during these moments.

"Hey Dad, want to join us?" Adam offered seeing him standing their watching.

"Yeah come on, it'll be fun," Doloris encouraged.

"Not right now, maybe later," Peter said "Adam when your done I want to talk to you."

Pausing a moment before throwing the horseshoe Adam asked "Is it important?"

"No just a surprise. Finish your game." Peter went off to practice is golf swing for tomorrows game. As he practiced, he couldn't help but hear the conversation between Doloris and Adam.



"Corina tells me you finally got a date for the dance."

"Uh huh" Doloris said smiling at the thought of seeing Elias again.

"Well, who is he?"

"Elias Parrott."

"Ethan's little brother?" Adam asked

"Yeah, what of it?"

"Nothing. I just don't know him."

"He's a lot nicer than his brother."

"From what I've heard, smarter too."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"That Ethan let a great girl slip through his fingers and Elias didn't"

Smiling up to her big brother Doloris asked "Do you really think so?"

"Yeah. You're pretty nice once you let people get close to you."

Laughing Doloris said "I guess I'm a little tough on the outside_"

"But your soft and gushy on the inside," Adam finished for her.

"That's me. So you have any advise for your little sister."

"Nope. Just be yourself. But he'd better not try anything otherwise I might have to defend your honor."

"I don't think you have anything to worry about. Elias is a perfect gentleman. But your karate skills may come in handy defending Corina's honor."

Once the game wrapped up, Adam went over to where his Dad was practicing his swing. "So what's my surprise?"


Smiling Peter put his golf clubs away and said "The police called to say they found your car and they will have it delivered once they finish their investigation."

"That's great! I didn't think I'd ever see it again."

"Me either. But I'm glad they found it."

"Dad?" Adam began

"Yes son, what is it?"

"What are you going to do about Vallari and Elliot?"

Before responding Peter looked away sighing. "I don't know. I wish there was something but the police won't do anything on a hunch. I've talked to Elliot and told him he wasn't to go over to Vallari's house. But I don't know if that's going to be enough."

"I know," Adam said looking at his Dad "I have a bad feeling about this."

"So do I son. All we can do at this point is stay on guard. Keep a close watch on Elliot and keep an eye out for Vallari."

"And keep our fingers crossed that nothing bad happens"

"It's not much but it's all we've got," Peter said giving Adam a hug. Leaving Adam, Peter went inside where he was confronted with the troubling sight of Corina making out with Chase Bedlington. He knew his girls were growing up but he was finding it hard to except.  They were still his 'little' girls.


After watching her Dad make a beeline to his room, Cornia pulled away from Chase.

"Hey, what's the matter baby?"

"Cool it Chase. My Dad just came in."

Looking around the room Chase shrugged saying "Where? I don't see him." He turned back to Corina pulling her close to renew the kiss when Corina's hand came between them.

"I said cool it."

"Alright, alright," Chase grumbled "Now what."


"Hmmm let's dance," Corina suggested getting up to turn on the stereo.

Chase followed her asking "tell me why you won't go to the dance with me?"

"Because I'm going with Dakota."

"Dump him baby doll and come with me."

"I already told you no, so quit asking."


They danced in silence for a while when Chase said "You know you'd have a better time with me."

"What makes you think that?"

"Several things. I'm a much better kisser. I'm better looking. A better dancer. Face it I'm the better guy." Chase wrapped his arms around Corina forcing her closer to him, intent on proving he was the better choice. Ignoring Corina's resistance he was surprised when she stomped on his foot.

Breaking free from his grasp, Corina marched to the door and told Chase to leave. Chase was stunned, he could hardly believe she was telling him to get out. He sauntered to the door and sneered at her as he said "This isn't over baby doll."


Shutting the door behind him, Corina found she was shaking. She wondered what he meant by this not being over. Did that mean he wasn't giving up the idea of taking her to the dance? Maybe leading two guys on wasn't the best idea she ever had. She sighed as she went into the kitchen to dish herself up a plate of  spaghetti.

Peter noticed it had gotten quiet in the living room and decided now would be a good time to find something to eat. "Did your friend leave already?"

"Yeah he left."

"Is something wrong?"

"I don't know," Corina said "Probably not, he just said something that bothers me. I'm sure it's nothing."

"Corina, honey he didn't try anything did he?" Peter asked in concern wondering if he should have stayed to chaperone.

"No Dad. I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself. It was just a misunderstanding. He doesn't understand why I won't go to the dance with him."

"Well, why won't you?"

Rolling her eyes Corina continued to eat, choosing to ignore his question.

"There must be a reason." Peter insisted not willing to be put off.

"Because I asked Dakota Fox to go to the dance."

"You what? Your telling me your dating two boys at once!"

"Yeah it's no big deal."

"It is a big deal, honey. Don't you understand that you're playing with fire. Someone is going to get hurt."

"Who cares? As long as it isn't me." Corina said getting up to clear the table.

"You should care, honey what's up with this attitude?"

"Nothing. I just don't want to be the good girl anymore." She said as she stormed out of the room, leaving the dishes behind.

Peter shook his head in astonishment. He never expected this kind of behavior from Corina. She had always been the good, contented little girl. He was concerned that she was changing and he was at a loss as to what he could do to stop it.

 
"Mom?"

Jean stopped raking saying "Do you need something honey?"

"Well I was wondering if you could help me decide what I should wear to the dance."

"What kind of dance is it, formal or casual?"

"Formal," Doloris said "I really want something special."

"You're going with that cute Parrott boy, Ethan, right?"

 
"No mom, Elias. I'm going with Elias Parrott." Doloris said trying to keep the irritation she felt out of her voice. But from the look her mom gave her she was pretty sure she wasn't successful.

"I'm sorry. I thought you had a crush on Ethan. So I assumed it was..." Jean stopped seeing she was making things worse, she decided to drop it saying "How about we go shopping tomorrow. We can find the right ensemble for the dance."

"That would be awesome Mom, thanks!"

Doloris stood there a moment watching Jean resume raking, debating whether she should ask her another question. Looking up, Jean asked "Honey was there something else?"

"No that's ok, you're busy." Doloris said deciding the person she wanted to talk to was her Dad. He'd be the best one ask anyway. Going inside Doloris noticed that her Dad seemed a bit sad and wondered what was wrong.


"Everything ok Dad?"

"Sure honey" Peter said "I'm just not sure how much I like the idea of my little girls dating."

"Awe Dad, we're not little anymore."

"No your not. You're beautiful young ladies. I've got to accept that you're not my little girls anymore."

"Daddy I'll always be your little girl."

"Thank you sweetie, I needed that. So what can I do for you?"

"Well I need some advice," Doloris said "You know I'm going to the dance with Elias, right?"

"Yes, he seems to be a very nice young man."

"Oh he is but I'd like to go on an actual date. How do I know if he wants to go on a date with me?"

"Honey just be yourself and let things happen naturally. It's nothing that can be forced or rushed. Does he like you?"

"I think so. He asked me to the dance."

"How did that make you feel?"

"Like I was special.

"Honey I think this boy likes you and I agree with Adam, he was  smart enough to know he had a great girl."

"Daddy really, eavesdropping on our conversation."

"Sure, how else am I supposed to keep up with all of you. Besides you should be happy that I didn't get upset that you like this boy."

Laughing Doloris agreed "Daddy I love you, but is there anything I need to do to show Elias that I want him to ask me out?"

 
"Doloris honey, you don't have to wait for him. You can ask him out."

"That wouldn't be to forward?" Doloris asked "I don't want to come across as too pushy or stalkerish."

"I think your putting too much pressure on yourself. One of two things will happen. He'll say yes then you will both know you like each other or he'll say no. Either way you'll know."

"But if he says no I'll just die"

"Don't be so melodramatic. You'll be sad but you won't die. But if it'll make you feel better, I'll let Adam go to your defense."

"Oh Daddy you're the best,"Doloris said hugging him tightly before going to her room.

Peter sighed, wishing his girls had stayed little. He didn't like that they were growing up so fast. He was glad that Doloris still turned to him for advice. He was concerned over the changes Corina was making and he hoped it was just a phase and she would soon be back to normal. He missed his sweet, good natured little girl. He hoped she didn't get hurt along the way to finding herself but he'll be there to help her pick up the pieces if she did.
 
 



6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes they both become very pretty girls with very different personalities.

      Delete
  2. Wow, Chase is such a creep. LOL. He seems like he has the potential to be an abusive guy if he keeps acting the way he is.
    Oh Corina, dating two guys is always difficult and not worth it most of the time. I understand her need to not want to be the good girl all the time, though, it sucks to be labeled a certain way.
    Doloris seems to me like she's growing up better than Corina is, she's asking for advice, and making more mature decisions. That's very good to see, she'll be a great person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Corina is having a difficult time breaking free from her good girl rep. Dating two guys at the same time is just asking for trouble. She's rebelling and acting out.
      Doloris has the ability to mean if she wanted to be but it was more her way of dealing with her mom. She no longer feels she has to be that way and looks to Jean as a role model. She'll still have her moments of rebellion which you'll see in the coming chapters.

      Delete
  3. Anothe threat? This family can't catch a break at all lol. Corrina needs to stop playing with fire before she gets burned. As for Elliot, I hope he listened to his older brother and father.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Corina is playing with fire. She wants to break free from her good girl reputation but going about it in the wrong way. Chase is more talk than action so the threat is mostly an idle one. Elliot will do the best he can to listen to his dad but circumstances may be working against him.

      Delete