Sunday, June 29, 2014

Generation 1, Chapter 47


At the dance Doloris asked Elias to go on a date with her and she could hardly believe it when he said yes. She was so thankful that she had taken her Dad's advice and here she was holding hands with the most wonderful guy she knew other than her Dad.

"So what would you like to do first?" Elias asked

"Hmmm what?"

"I knew you weren't listening. Am I that boring?"

"Oh it's not you. I'm sorry. My mind was light years away," Doloris said regretting that she had hurt his feelings.

"So what was so interesting inside that head of yours that would cause you to so totally ignore me?"


Blushing Doloris was tempted to say nothing but knew she owed him an explanation. "I was, you're going to think I'm silly but I was thinking how much I feel like a princess and _"

"And I'm your Prince Charming," Elias finished for her. Doloris nodded looking down embarrassed. Elias pulled her close and kissed her. "No I don't think you're silly. I like being your Prince Charming."

"So you don't mind that I asked you out?

"Of course not, don't be silly. I'm glad you did."

"You should thank my Dad, he suggested it."


"Then you won't mind that I asked your Dad where I should take you on our first date."

"You did what?"

"I asked him where and he suggested this place. I thought it'd be romantic as it was where your Dad took your Step Mom on their first date."

"I'm glad you're such a romantic at heart," Doloris said leaning in to kiss him again.


They decided to go upstairs to get away from the crappy karaoke  singers. They sat down to play dominos for a while and of course Doloris won.

"I give up," Elias said "There's no way I'll ever win. You cheat."

"I don't either. I'm just good."

"No you cheat."

"How can I cheat?" Doloris asked "OH I know I use my ex-ray vision to see what dominos you have."

"It's much worse than that. You distract me with your feminine wiles and I can't concentrate."

"See I don't cheat," Doloris said slapping his arm "I can't be blamed for your lack of attention."

"Let's play pool," Elias suggested giving up the argument.


Elias was glad he suggested pool. It gave him an opportunity to watch and fully appreciate Doloris. The way she would bend over the pool table to make her shots. He felt he was even more distracted now than he was before but it was all worth it. 

"Elias! You hoo it's your turn"

Turning red, Elias took his shot, groaning when his shot went wide. Doloris laughed at his expense saying "If I win no complaining and saying I cheated."


"I know, I know you're not to blame for my lack of attention."

"That's right," Doloris said smugly as she made the winning shot.

"I can't believe I lost two games to a girl," Elias said hanging his head.


Taking his hand, Doloris pulled him toward the photo booth. "Come on I want a picture to remember our first date."

"Hey don't you care that I'm a defeated man."

Looking around Doloris smiled saying "I don't see a defeated man anywhere around here. I see someone who gave all his attention to his girlfriend. What else could he do but let her win?" As the photo booth started taking pictures, Doloris leaned over and whispered in his ear "I like you."

Elias smiled in relief, he enjoyed that he didn't have to be perfect around her. Winning would have been nice but losing to Doloris wasn't that bad.


As the night drew to a close, Elias gave her another kiss then drove her home.

Peter stayed up waiting for Doloris to come. He was anxious to know how her date went. When she came home the answer was written all over her face, she was glowing. Doloris turned in the doorway and waved to Elias as he drove off, then she ran to her Dad, hugging him tightly.

"Thank you," she said into his shoulder.

"For what?"

"For making this a night I'll always remember."

"Hey that's what I'm here for."

"Thanks," Doloris said giving him a kiss on the cheek. "I love you Daddy."

"I love you too sweetheart," Peter said giving her another hug before releasing her. He stood there watching his daughter walk to her room. He smiled, glad that her date went so well. If only all his worries would have such happy endings.

 

 


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes they are especially now while Vallari isn't messing things up for them.

      Delete
  2. Awww I love Peter, all the time. LOL. He's so awesome. Telling Elias to take Doloris to the place he and Jean went, awww.
    Doloris and Elias were mighty cute flirting with each other all night, that is probably the most adorable thing I've seen in a while, LOL. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peter's a great dad and always there when his kids need him. He couldn't think of a better place than where he took Jean on their first date; after all that turned out so really well for him. Doloris and Elias are great together. Someone in this family needs a happily ever after kind of story.
      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  3. The feels. Peter is such a great dad! Now, if only Corrina took note from her twin, everything would almost be alright. You know, minus the whole Vallari Elliot thing lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peter has a really good relationship with all his kids. Even Corina despite her attempts to push him away, she still knows she can count on him in a pinch. Things would be great if Vallari and Windy were both out of the picture.

      Delete