Sunday, May 3, 2015

Generation 2, Chapter 37 - It's Time Part 3


Chase drove for several hour in silence. His hostages were either too scared to talk amongst themselves or were asleep. Shaking his head to rid himself of the nagging worry that what he was doing was wrong. He had to do this, didn't he? Logan told him it was Emit who murdered his mother, a direct descendant of the Van Winkles. Destroy Emits lineage and his mother would be safe. If that were true, why did he feel he was being manipulated? Lied to. Coming up to the turn that would take him to Midnight Hollow Chase decided to he'd best be on the alert when he got there. He turned off the road and parked in a secluded wooded area off the road. He needed sleep before he finished the journey.

Reclining his seat Chase closed his eyes. A couple of hours later he was jolted from a deep sleep by a noise outside his window. He reached to retrieve his gun but never reached it as someone pointed a gun to his head. "That's right kid don't do anything stupid," the new comer snarled.

Sighing Chase slowly straightened resting his hands on the steering wheel. Others came into view surrounding the vehicle they were in. "Out," the  man instructed.


Kyle who was facing towards the front of the car watched in apprehension as Chase was taken from the car. "This isn't good," he whispered to Elliot.

"What's happening?" Percy asked from the dark confines of the trunk.

"Our kidnapper is being abducted by gun point," Kyle strained to see what was happening in the growing darkness.

"Are they cops?" Elliot asked hopeful that this nightmare was almost over
.
Shaking his head "No I don't think so," Kyle hated to dash his hopes. "I'm sorry El."


Elliot laid there blinking back tears that were stinging his eyes. He wouldn't fall apart no matter how bad it got. "I'm ok Kyle. How are you feeling?"

Smiling into the darkness Kyle snorted "I could be better. Then again I think we all could be better."

"Are you still nauseous?" Elliot asked concerned "you said before the trial you felt sick..."

"Oh that," Kyle shrugged "nerves I guess."

"So you don't feel sick anymore?" Elliot persisted.

"No babe I'm fine," Kyle lied not wanting Elliot to worry about him.


The doors were opened and rough hands pulled them out of the car. Kyle fought dizziness as they tossed him inside an old moving van. 

"Where are you taking us?" he heard Elliot asking someone.

"You'll find out soon enough," came the gruff reply.

"Where's Percy?" Kyle asked. A commotion behind them had him squirming around to see several burly men dragging a semi conscious figure to the van. "Percy?" Kyle asked maneuvering himself toward the huddled figure on the dirty van floor.


"Stupid ... stupid move," Percy muttered "thought I could escape. Get help. They're not human." He struggled to sit up "move to fast and their eyes glow in the dark."

A voice behind them commanded "be still and we'll undue your handcuffs for the ride." They did as they were told. Afterwards the man exited the van locking the door behind him. 

A low laugh from the far dark corner caught their attention. "You're absolutely right they're not human. They're werewolves." Chase laughed harder bemused by their stunned faces.

The van jerked into motion "where are they taking us? Elliot asked.

"My guess would be Moonlight Falls," Chase said from his corner.

"Why? I don't understand," Elliot asked.


"Wish I knew kid," Chase said leaning against the van wall. "I was supposed to bring you to Midnight Hollow. For some reason that changed."

"Aren't you the guy in charge?" Percy muttered.

"Do I look like I'm in charge?" Chase shot back in anger. "The plan was to detain you," he said looking at Elliot "just long enough so that your dad couldn't release the alien cure stopping the abductions. Originally I was supposed to kidnap Adam and his family but I could never get them alone."

"So why are you tied up like the rest of us?" Percy asked.

Rolling his eyes "Obviously they don't trust me" Chase leaned forward "I knew something didn't feel right about this set up. I thought there would be trouble once we got to Midnight Hollow. I didn't think they'd expect me to be suspicious and lay in wait for me." Pounding his head back into the metal van wall behind him "stupid, stupid, stupid mistake."


"What do you think they want with us?" Kyle asked swallowing over his nausea trying to keep from getting sick.

Elliot put his arms around him "are you alright?"

"I'm fine," Kyle leaned into Elliot taking comfort in his embrace.

"You're the reason the plan changed," Chase said sitting up "you're a halfling."

"I think I'm going to be sick," Kyle mumbled into Elliot's shoulder.


Rubbing Kyle's back while he threw up Elliot muttered "I knew you were sick." 

"I'm fine," Kyle insisted leaning back wishing he could rinse his mouth out.

"Don't worry kid," Chase laughed "there's nothing wrong with your boyfriend that nine months won't cure."

"What are you talking about?" Kyle asked sitting up glaring at the blue haired man.

"You're father's an IF isn't he?" Chase asked instead "I can sense it now. I missed it before. If I hadn't been rushed I would have left you in Appaloosa." Shaking his head "I guess it's a good thing we're going to Moonlight Falls or we'd all be dead accept for Kyle and possibly Elliot."


"What does my dad being an IF have to do with what's going on here?" Kyle asked confused.

"You don't know much about IF's do you?" Chase stated.

"My father never speaks about it and when he does it's to tell me to never tell anyone." Kyle ran his fingers through his multi-colored hair. "If you haven't noticed my dad likes to control people not give information away."

"That's why he's been banned from Midnight Hollow," Chase explained "No IF or halfling is allowed to hurt another. By abducting you I committed a capital offense. No human is allowed in Midnight Hollow unless they are mated to an IF or halfling or they are there to answer for crimes committed against an IF."

Staring across the van at Chase "what crime did Elliot and Percy commit?" Kyle asked "All they did was stand up for me at the trial. Why would the IF's allow you to hold them hostage?"


"That's why these goons from Moonlight Falls were sent to prevent me from getting to Midnight Hollow. I should never have consented to help Logan. I had a feeling I was being set-up. I'll never be allowed back into Midnight Hollow."

"You're a halfling too," Kyle announced as it finally dawned on him.

Before they could continue their discussion Elliot broke in "you said that there's nothing wrong with Kyle that nine months won't cure. What do you mean by that?"

Looking at Kyle Chase burst into laughter "you're boyfriend is kind of naive isn't he?"

"Babe he means I'm pregnant," Kyle said leaning on Elliot closing his eyes hoping it would ease the dizziness he felt.


Looking down at Kyle then across to Chase. Elliot stammered "but ... but how? Men can't get pregnant..."

"Listen kid, halflings aren't exactly human," Chase said enjoying himself "IF's are dolls designed to be either male or female whatever the human who has befriended them desires. A halfling has the unique ability to procreate with either gender depending upon the preference of the person they're with."

Turning to Kyle "why didn't you tell me?" Elliot asked.

"I didn't know," Kyle looked away "it's not like my father ever told me. The first halfling I've ever met was your nephew Heath and it was him who recognized me as one. If I hadn't been feeling so rotten what Chase said wouldn't have made anymore sense to me than it did to you." Wiping at the tears flowing down his cheeks "makes you wonder why my father made such a fuss over me being with you if all he wanted was an heir. He obviously knew I would be able to have children with either a man or woman."

***


"Why are we stopping," Adam asked as Emit pulled the car to the side of the road.

"I have to check on something," Emit told him. As he got out of the car he told Adam  "stay here."

Shrugging Adam stood up stretching. He watched Emit walk several feet away before slipping into a clump of bushes and trees. Frowning Adam wondered why he was acting so strange. Something didn't feel right. It felt like a trap. Looking around Adam ducked into the car checking to see if by chance Emit had left the keys in the ignition.


Slamming the door Adam wondered what he should do. He didn't like this whole set up. He looked towards the area he had last seen Emit. Making up his mind Adam turned just as something jabbed him in the neck. "What the ..." he mumbled as his legs liquefied beneath him. Lying on the ground someone with blue hair towered above him. It suddenly clicked into place as he mumbled "Logan..."

"Little too late," Logan grimaced "I knew you were becoming suspicious. Don't worry though you'll soon be joining the others. We have a dungeon with your name on it." As he spoke Logan hauled Adam up and tied him up in the backseat. "Should just dispose of you now," Logan muttered himself.


Several hours later Adam opened his eyes moaning "wh .. where am I?" Helping hands supported him as he tried to sit up "Elliot?"

"I'm here," Elliot smiled at his older brother. "We make a fine pair getting ourselves kidnapped and locked up in a dungeon."

"I was supposed to rescue you," Adam said ruefully. Mirthless laughter caught his attention "what's so funny?"

"You ... us," Chase waved his hands around the cell "I should have known better but I trusted Logan. Makes you wonder....."

"Makes you wonder what?" Adam asked watching the young blued haired man intently. Chase shrugged refusing to answer. "Maybe you shouldn't have discarded what Emit was trying to tell you."


"What do you know?" Chase asked anger bubbling just beneath the surface. Walking over to Adam he hauled him up and held him against the brick wall behind him. Arms pulled on him but he held on. "Tell me what you know?"


Choking Adam clawed at Chase's hands that were squeezing the life from  him. Slowly Chase released his death grip from around Adam's neck. Falling to his knees Adam gasped for air. Percy and Elliot moved to help him sit up while Kyle kept a watchful eye on Chase who was pacing the confines of their cell. Adam waved their helping hands away rubbing his neck. "What have you been told about your parents?"

Chase's pacing slowed until he stopped frowning "what does that have to do with anything?"

"From what I understand ... everything." Adam approached Chase cautiously waving the others back. "What were you told happened to her?"

Breathing hard Chase looked away tears in his eyes "Logan told me  that a man by the name of Zedekiah Van Winkle killed her a direct descendant of your." Chase looked straight towards Adam his face a reflection of all the pain and hatred he felt. "Logan told me the key to saving her was in destroying the ancestral line that Zedekiah came from."


"What proof do you have a that Logan told you the truth?" Adam asked.

"He wouldn't lie..." Chase fell silent.

"You know he has. Why else would you be locked up down here with us?" Adam asked reasonably. 
Shaking his head Chase mumbled "he showed me video proof. I saw my mother's murderer walking away from her body. His face was clear ... it was him Zedekiah Van Winkle better known as Emit Relevart."

"Chase what if it was Logan? They look alike. I've known Emit for years and I was fooled." Adam could see the growing doubt in the younger man's eyes. "Do you know who your father is?"


Shaking his head "I don't know. Logan never told me. He had... he had blue hair." Frowning Chase scowled at Adam "I suppose you know?"

"I do, " Adam eyed Chase a moment debating whether he should tell him or not. "Your mother was an IF given to your father when he was a toddler. She was his only friend. As he got older and the loneliness became to great for him to bear he made her real. As we all know now IF's turn against their life giver once they are made real. Your father was heart broken when she betrayed him by giving his research into time travel to Logan and the watchers. When she left he searched everywhere for her. When he finally found her she was dead. The man you saw walking away from her body was your father not her murderer."

"He never knew about me?" Chase whispered to himself "no that can't be right. Why would Logan lie?"

"You know why. Emits tried to tell you all along that he's your father but you've refused to listen to him. Logan knows that once you destroy Emits ancestral line you'll destroy yourself."


"No I don't believe you," Chase cried out turning towards the bars that caged them in. Looking up as Logan's laughter filled the dungeon.

"I didn't think my stupid brother would have confided so much in you," his eyes narrowed "I underestimated you. I see  now you were suspicious of me from the start weren't you?"


Nodding "I was but I couldn't risk you hurting my family so I came with you." Turning to Chase "that's the difference between him and your father. Emit would never hurt innocent people to accomplish his goals. Look around you. How many innocents are in this cell with you?"

"Cry me a river," Logan spat at Adam "there are no innocents in war. Soon"he smiled nastily at Kyle "there won't be any unnatural beings like halflings, IFs or any supernaturals left in the world we are creating."

"You're really sick," Percy spat at him.

"Maybe but I'm the one in power. I have or will have everyone who could possibly stop me locked up. The future will be rewritten the way we want it. Once we have Peter there will be no one left to stop us."

"You killed my mother didn't you?" Chase asked "you lied to me all of my life to manipulate me into helping you."


"I did and it was easy," Logan snarled at him "I made sure my brother found Donna where I left her body. It was pathetic how he still loved her even after she left him for me. She stole his research and gave it to me. Our plan is finally coming together. All that's left now is destroying all remnants of Emits lineage..."

"Won't that wipe you out of existence as well?" Adam asked.

Rubbing the bracelet around his wrist Logan shook his head. "I'm protected from the time dilations that will occur. Once Emit ceases to exist I will take his place as time keeper and all trace of supernatural beings will be gone forever along with everything else we feel doesn't fit into our world." Logan turned on his heel and walked away.


Adam sank to his knees shaking as he wondered what could be done to save the future. His son. All the millions of other supernaturals now and in the future. 

Elliot put a comforting arm around Kyle murmuring "we'll think of something. Dad won't let this happen. As long as dad is free he'll think of something."

Kyle clung to Elliot's hand while his other hand rested on his stomach. Their unborn child would cease to exist the moment Kyle did if this crazy man's plan worked. He leaned into Elliot's shoulder giving way to tears.

"Shit," Percy exclaimed as the dungeon filled with supernatural beings surrounding their cell.

***


Peter swayed on his feet upon exiting the time portal. William grabbed his arm helping him to a bench. Peter clenched his fists willing his stomach to settle as he fought the urge to vomit.

Bryan stood beside his father fear bright in his alien eyes. When Erik approached him he cringed behind his dad shaking. "Erik put that thing away," William urged "can't you see you're scaring him?"

Confusion clouded his eyes as Erik fought for control of his mind. "I'm sorry I can't ... I don't." Shaking his head Erik growled at him "nice try but I might need this."

Peter sat forward pale and shaking "he's right," William looked astonished at his friend "Somethings wrong here. We might need the protection."

"Ok," William gave in "but do you have to point it at us?" he asked Erik.

"For you all put the safety on," Erik smiled sweetly at him as he put his arm around him.


William tried not to cringe as his skin crawled at the alien's touch."Wh...where to now?" he asked Peter.

"I think we better make our way to the alien ship," Peter struggled to his feet adding "the sooner we get this done the better."

"I couldn't agree with you more," Erik smiled patting William's shoulder.

Shrugging his arm off William moved to help Peter to his feet. Erik frowned "I don't want you touching him."


"I wouldn't have to," William responded "if you hadn't blasted him with your alien gun," William kept  his arm around Peter's shoulders.

Staring coldly at Peter Erik grumbled "I'll allow it for now."

Bryan came to the other side of Peter, putting as much distance as he could between himself and Erik. Looking down at the boy Peter smiled "are you ok son?"

Bryan began to nod when Erik yelled from behind them "he's not your son. He's mine."


Bryan whirled around facing Erik "I'm not your son. I'm not." Pointing to William "he's my dad. If your cared about me you wouldn't be  pointing a gun at us." He ran to his dad wrapping his arms around William sobbing.


Erik turned accusatory eyes toward Peter. Raising the gun in the air "you turned him against me. This is all your fault. If you hadn't wanted to go find your son I wouldn't have had to shoot you." Erik waved the gun in the air "he won't even touch me but he puts his arms around you."

"Erik" William started exasperated.

Peter put a hand on his should shaking his head "he's too far gone. All you'll do his antagonize him." Turning to Erik "I'm here because you need me to release the cure, remember? I can't do that if I'm dead."

"Right" Erik shook his head as if to clear it. Lowering the gun he said "I'll shoot you when it's done. Let's get moving."


They must have made a scary progression thought the quiet peaceful streets of Oasis Landing as people scattered before them. Peter thought it was just as well considering the volatile state Erik was in. They didn't need some random stranger trying to talk to William sparking off a jealous rage from Erik.

When they got into a taxi to take them to the dry riverbed. Peter thought it was just as well considering the volatile state Erik was in. They didn't need some random stranger trying to talk to William sparking off a jealous rage from Erik.

William helped Peter out of the taxi before he stumbled face first to the ground. "Are you alright?" William asked concern thick in his voice.

"No but it doesn't matter" Peter mumbled. Looking around at the dry river bed Peter motioned with his hand "we have to walk out there," he said pointing to the east.


After walking for a couple of hours Peter was exhausted and leaned heavily upon William. Panting Peter licked his lips saying hoarsely "we need to find the key Adam has hid round here to enter the ship."

Nodding William sent to work to find the key. He would stop intermittently to check on Peter and Bryan while Erik stood by watching. By the time William located the key both Peter and Bryan were asleep on the hard, dusty ground.


Shaking them awake "I've found it. Come on we best get inside." Numbly they gathered their legs under them and followed William into the ship.

Peter looked around in awe as the ship came alive. Panels and lights came on as the ship sensed the correct DNA to awaken. If he hadn't been in so much pain it would have been an awesome sight.

"Dad, am I doing this?" Bryan asked in wonder and a hint of fear as another panel turned on.

"I think you are," William confirmed. 


Growing impatient Erick moved close behind them "we don't have time for this." Immediately their awe turned to fear as Bryan huddled close to William seeking comfort. Grabbing the boys arm Erik dragged Bryan away from his dad and into the control room "sit there and don't move" he demanded.

William and Peter followed for fear of what Erik might do to the boy. Sighing in relief when they found Bryan crying in a chair. Seeing his father Bryan relaxed wiping at the tears streaming down his cheeks. William approached to pat his son's shoulder reassuringly.

Pacing the floor Erik growled at Peters "get to work. We're running out of time."

Peter worked through the night repairing and restoring systems on the old alien ship. With Bryan in the control seat they didn't need hims in the same room to awaken the systems in the area Peter was working. William disliked leaving his son alone but Peter was unable to work without assistance. Three days later Peer stumbled into the control room exhausted "it's done" he mumbled as he fell unconscious to the floor.

William moved to help him when Erik seized his arm growling "leave him." Dragging his eyes away from Peter's prone body William shook off the aliens hands. "Now what?" William asked his voice rough from lack of sleep and repressed anger.


Laughing Erik pulled William into an embrace and kissed him as he pulled a lever on the control panel. William struggled in the alien's arms but Erik proved to strong for him. Voices and running feet diverted Erik's attention. Releasing William as several armed men entered the control room. "As agreed" Erik waved towards Peter "one neutralized human male named Peter Van Winkle." Pointing towards William "I keep that specimen and the boy."

"That was the agreement" the man stated as a couple of men moved in to pick up Peter. "Now leave and never come back."

As the men took Peter away William yelled at Erik "what have you done? Peter helped you ..." 

Following the men with his eyes William stated "he'll die. He helped you save your people and this is how you repay him.

William tried to intercept the men but Erik grabbed him and pinned him against the wall saying "it was necessary."



4 comments:

  1. Woah. I like how you split up the chapter. Adam is smart, I had no idea it was Logan, but now that I think about it, Emit was acting strange in the last chapter. Lol poor Percy. From SIm Star IDol to being trapped with supernaturals. Kyle is pregnant!?!? O_O I'm actually kind of excited, because Elliot is one adorable sim! Oh man, Elliot's face and Kyle's hair...LOL Anyway, good chapter, I want to know what happens next. Who is going to save everyone? Will it be Emit!? Oh, and Erik has gone nuts! At least handing Peter over gives him a slight chance of survival rather than instant death at the hands of Erik. But I wonder, what Peter did, tdid tha tactually cure the alien race, or was that a setup too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I wanted to show what was happening from multiple POV's without splitting it up into separate chapters.
      Logan did a fairly good job of impersonating Emit but Adam spent too much time in Oasis Landing around Emit that he knew something was wrong. Adam wanted to get him far enough away from his family before he tipped Logan off that he knew who he was.
      Percy really can't catch a break but I do have something special planned him. ;)
      How could I pass up the chance of seeing Elliot and Kyle's genes combined. Hopefully their child get's the best of both parents.
      It doesn't look too good for them right now does it? Hmm Emit, where is he? Logan did say the only person he didn't have locked up was Peter. So Emit could be locked away somewhere unable to help.
      Erik is crazy but we'll see soon what Peter did. Did he sabotage the alien ship? Was the cure released?
      The next part will be out this weekend hopefully.

      Delete
  2. O_O
    LOL. Awww Kyle's preggers, and with Elliot genes, Yay! Hahaha. *fans self* That kid is going to be gorgeous.
    OMG, Peter. Oh no. Hahaha, I hope he's okay, since I really have no idea what you're going to do with him. XD
    It's pretty ironic that Chase now got locked in with the guys, but I hope it makes him really believe what Adam told him, especially since Logan pretty much confessed to everything that Adam told Chase just minutes before. On the other hand, I'm glad that it looks like Adam doesn't have to become a supernatural.
    Man, Erik's reminding me of a jealous wife, LOL, although I'm guessing that's probably exactly what you were going for, wasn't it? XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't resist the see what their genetics would produce. Kyle and Elliot should have a gorgeous kid. Boy or girl we'll find out LOL
      By now you know Peter is stuck in the future. Will he ever come home? We'll have to wait and see.
      Chase needed a wake up call and at this point he's disposable. Logan no longer needs him since he feels he has everyone right where he wants them. Game over so he admitted everything. Chase had a lot of stuff thrown at him real fast but he does believe Adam now; which might come in handy.
      Erik the jealous wife LOL that is what I was going for. He's a little messed up at the moment but he's not as bad as it appears.
      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete