Friday, May 22, 2015

Liebster Award

I'm excited that this blog was nominated for Liebster Award by Julie author of Through Colour Blind Eyes. Thank you so much for the nomination. I really appreciate at.

I'm in awe that my legacy received another Liebster nomination by Lckygrl1975 author of Pains Water Point. Thank you so much for the nomination. Your story has inspired me to be more daring in my story. I've added her questions after Julie's questions.



The Liebster Award is a way of bloggers supporting other bloggers. It is similar to a chain letter in that its concept requires it to be forwarded to a certain number of people.

The rules for receiving this award are:

1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who presented the award and link back to their blog.
3. Nominate 5-11 bloggers whom you feel deserve this award and have fewer than or equal to 3,000       followers.
4. Answer 11 questions posted by the nominator, and ask your nominees 11 questions.

1) legendofsim (aka thepartysim) A Graying World, How to be a Star, Color My World BC, Sim Star Idol and Escape Pennbrook Estate If your looking for something new and interesting to read any or all of them I would highly recommend. I can't choose just one they are all well written and two of the characters from Sim Star Idol have made appearances in my stories. These are by far my favorite stories and impossible to choose just one.

2) Sandybeachgirl Listening to my Heart  and A Ray of Sunshine Both of these stories are full of heart and the characters come to life and you cry and laugh with the characters.

3) It'sJulie Through Color Blind Eyes A rainbow legacy following the lives of the Orchid family.

4) Blythelyre The Torres Legacy  This story captures not only your imagination but your heart as well. Once you start reading you can't stop because you just have to know what happens next.

5) Lckygrl1975 Painswater Point  if you like vampires this is an awesome story to read.

6) Rose Colourcaste a dystopian story about Winter fighting to survive against great odds and finding that one person she can rely on. Monroe Legacy is another great story that I hope Rose continues in the future.

Julies Questions:

1.  If you were stranded on a desert island with one of the sim characters from your story - which one would you like it to be? Peter Van Winkle because he would be able to invent things to make life easier on the island and hopefully get us rescued sooner.

2.  How long have you been playing the sims for and what got you started? Since 2008 I think. I got the Sims2 game as a gift and I've been playing ever since.

3.  What other hobbies do you have outside of simming, blogging and writing. Reading, Listening to music (does that count as a hobby?) Scrapbooking, Crocheting, Hiking and Basketball

4.  What is your favourite sim trait and why? Unstable I like watching the sims breath into a paper bag lol

5.  Do you think there is an age limit to when you should be playing sims, or an age when it is not acceptable anymore? No age limit; although I think their may be some things inappropriate for really young players but that's why they have parents to explain things. Otherwise I don't think there should be an age limit. If your 80 years old and want to play I say have fun.

6.  Where do you get the inspiration from for your writing? From reading, movies, TV or real life I never know where inspiration will come. The trick is having something to write it on with inspiration strikes so you don't forget.

7.  What do you love most about the Sims game.  What keeps you playing it? I've found that sooner or later the game surprises you with something. 

8.  How seriously do you take your writing?  Is it just for fun or would you like to make a living out of it one day? I would love to be able to make a living at it but for now I just find enjoyment from it.

9.  Which are your favourite world, expansion pack and premade sim? Sunlit Tides is my favorite because it's so bright and it's a dream of mine to live on or near a beach one day. Into the Future is my favorite EP and premade sim Emit. He's featured a lot in the Van Winkle's

10.  Five sim traits that describe you.  Bookworm, Good Sense of Humor, Friendly, Artistic, Adventurous

11.  Tell me a random fact about yourself. I love to travel but hate to fly. I do it but I still hate it.

Lckygrl975 Questions

1. When you write is it structured or not? Yes and no. At the beginning of each generation I write a loose outline of things I want to accomplish in the generation but leave it flexible enough for the inevitable changes that happen while writing.

2. Which is your favourite character to write for and why? Gene Bennett a side character in another legacy I'm writing. He started off as such a scarred character that I've enjoyed his transformation as he overcame his past. In the Van Winkle legacy I'm falling in love with Heath's character and am really looking forward to writing his story as he takes over for Gen 3.

3. Do you have a genre of books you prefer to read? I read a variety of genre's and I don't have a favorite. I get stuck on author's and will acquire/read anything and everything they've ever written. Favorite authors Mary Higgins Clark, Dick Francis, Robin Cook, CJ Cherryh, Nicholas Sparks etc.

4. If you could choose any destination for a holiday, where would it be? Australia...I've always wanted to go there.

5.What is your favourite time of year an why? Spring....I love all the colors and the birds chirping, the days getting longer, everything in bloom. There's nothing quite like it after a long winter and lots of snow.

6. Do you have a favourite programme or film? Favorite TV show NCIS. Favorite Movie A Walk to Remember

7. Who is your favourite actor and why? I don't have a favorite actor. I have a few I don't like and it might be the deciding factor whether or not I watch it.

8. What is your preferred genre of Music? I listen to pretty much anything. I love all kinds of music. Favorite musician is Pink and that probably gives you a clue to the type of music I listen to most.

9. What is your favourite animal and why? Lions they are such majestic creatures and ever since I was little I've been fascinated by them.  Yes my favorite Disney movie is the Lion King. LOL

10. Do you get new ideas for stories, if so does that change your story or does it spark a new one? Sometimes if it involves the character I'm writing for or sometimes I'll hold off on the idea for something else. I have a tendency to start new stories or sides as the ideas strike so that I don't lose them or forget about them.


11. Have you ever started a story and not published it? I've started many but the two legacies I have started blogs are on going and mark my progression as writer. I used to write only for myself too afraid no one would like or read them. I've gained so much self-confidence as a writer since I started blogging that I wish I had tried it sooner. 


My questions (I know many of you have been nominated already so answer if you want).

1) Where do you get inspiration for your stories?
2) Do you use the sims as a basis for your stories or do you use it to illustrate the story?
3) Do you ever base your characters off of real people you know?
4) Do you plot out your stories from start to finish? or are you a seat of the pants writer? Writing what comes to mind without any plot?
5) What is your favorite character you have ever written?
6) Which sims game do you like best? 1,2,3 or 4?
7) Do you have a favorite town you like to use for your stories?
8) Which POV do you prefer to write in?
9) Do you write out character profiles? If you do, do you do it before or after you've started writing for that character?
10) Where do you come up with the names you use for your characters?
11) Do you have a set schedule to write?

Thank you again for the nomination.





2 comments:

  1. You make me so happy! LOVE LOVE LOVE you and your story! I'm like a creeper in the night! lol okay, no more scary analogies...

    Thank you so very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should I be scared?!? lol
      Thank you for the comment. The feeling is mutual.

      Delete