Saturday, May 23, 2015

Generation 2, Chapter 38 - Escape


William helped Kyle up the dark slippery stairwell leading up from the dungeon. "Don't worry son, Adam has him. He'll be ok," William tried to sound positive despite the nagging worry that the boy had lost too much blood.

Panting Kyle struggled to keep up with the older man. "I know you're just telling me what I want to hear. I know it's bad."

Grabbing Kyle's arm as he slipped on the step William nodded "you're right but now is not the the time to worry about it." Looking up William noticed the blue haired boy stop at the top of the stairs.

Chase peered cautiously around the corner. Ducking back he motioned for Percy to join him "do you think you can do that freezing thing again?"

Shaking his head "I don't know...I don't think so....one person yes but not a whole roomful of people," Percy said.


Adam set Elliot down beside Kyle who was resting on the steps. Kyle looked up at Adam his eyes pleading what he couldn't ask. Shaking his head Adam squeezed Kyle's shoulder before joining the others. "What's wrong?" he asked.

"There's at least twenty people milling around out there," Chase explained.

Adam looked towards Percy. "Don't ask I can't freeze an entire room," Percy said with a note of defeat in his tone.

"Can we somehow amplify your magic?" Adam asked trying to come up with options.

Puzzled Percy shook his head "I don't know....maybe."


"The answer is yes," a voice said from behind them.

"Master Allanon what are you doing here?" Percy asked straightening a little in the face of the wizard.

"Relax," Allanon waved a dismissive hand towards the young man "I'm making sure our fearless leader doesn't awaken before you escape." He looked at their skeptical frowns "you didn't think that Percy was that powerful yet did you? I've only had time to teach him a few rudimentary spells. Nothing near powerful enough to render a vampire powerless."

Percy looked down and away uncomfortable with the way Allanon was staring at him. "I'm sorry master I ..."

"Don't be, in time your powers will increase. First you must escape," Allanon stepped forward.

Adam stood in front of him barring his way "how do we know we can trust you?"


"Ah foolishness is tied up in the young," Allanon said as he snapped his fingers forcing Adam to his knees "we don't have time to waste on unnecessary explanations. Those will come once we're safely away from here." Stepping around Adam he looked over Chase's shoulder. Frowning at the activity and the number of people inside the next room. Some of those people were his friends, how would they react if they knew he was working for the resistance? Motioning for Percy to stand beside him he commanded "repeat after me ..." Percy did as he was told repeating the chant, waving his wand.

Adam watched from his position on the floor unable to move from whatever spell Allanon had put on him. He could feel the air become charged with electricity as they chanted. His mind wandered and he felt the familiar pain of someone invading his thoughts. He briefly wondered how or if he should try to block them.



"You couldn't if you tried," Ambrogio laughed at him "don't worry young one. Allanon is a trusted ally. Like Percy is your blood bondsmen Allanon is mine. Allanon will see you all leave Moonlight Falls."

"What about my brother?" Adam asked looking towards Kyle who was still trying to awaken Elliot.

"Don't worry about him," Ambrogio said dismissing Elliot without further thought.

Not to be deterred Adam asked "will he become a vampire? Is there anything I can do to  help him?"

"There's nothing that can be done," Ambrogio told him "Alessandro was feeding so there's a good chance he did not receive much if any of the turning agent in his bloodstream. If Alessandro was feeding with the intent to turn him when he was done then that changes everything. I simply don't know what his intent was. Alessandro is a powerful vampire able to block other vampires from his mind. If Elliot starts to exhibit vampire characteristics keep him from feeding and finishing the process. Once you feed there's no going back."

"Will you help him?" Adam asked

"I'm sorry I cannot. My link is to you. We share the same blood. He does not." Ambrogio hesitated before adding "you would need to finish the link you started with him. You can control his blood thirst by taking it upon yourself...be warned if you do this you will increase your own hunger. I may not be able to help you control it." 



"What do I need to do?" Adam asked accepting his fate and willing to forfeit his hold on humanity if it meant freeing his brother.

Sighing Ambrogio instructed "reach out to him with your mind. Hear his heart beat. Hear his thoughts. Concentrate until his thoughts become yours and your hearts beat as one."

Adam closed his eyes concentrating on the slow almost imperceptible beat of Elliot's heart. Adam shied away from his entering into Elliot's thoughts. When  he did he was buffeted with the raw undiluted horror of being fed upon. The feeling of being drained of life. Adam forced himself to confront those thoughts concentrating until they became his own. Gasping in pain and panic when the connection was made. Everyone jumped turning toward Adam, Percy faltered in his chant moving to help him.

Allanon grabbed him shaking his head "you need to concentrate on freezing the room..."

Looking towards Adam "he needs me...I feel his turmoil. He's calling out to me. He needs help."

Grabbing the boys shoulders Allanon spoke firmly "If you want to survive you need to do as I say. Ambrogio will help your blood bondsmen."

Nodding Percy turned back towards the roomful of people concentrating on them. Gritting his teeth as he felt the fear knife through him.



Pushing beyond the fear Adam called "Elliot you're not alone. I'm here. Ellie you don't have to go through this alone. Come to me and I'll help you."

"Adam you shouldn't be here," Elliot cried in a small scared voice. The voice Adam remembered he used after he had been kidnapped by Vallari.

"Ellie I know you're scared but you don't have to be. I'm here to help you. Let me help you." Adam pleaded with him. He could feel how close Elliot was to death "don't give up Elliot. Think about Kyle. What will he do without you?"

"Kyle?" a spark of interest falling to despair "take care of him for me. He's not strong like you."

"You can take care of him Ellie. Don't give up." Adam begged as he felt Elliot slip further away.

"Elliot," he screamed "I told you not to give up. I can help you. I'll help you and Kyle. We'll face this together."

"What if I become a vampire?" Elliot asked "I can feel it inside me now...changing me. I'm not strong enough to fight it. I won't be able to withstand the need to feed. I don't want to hurt anyone. I'd rather die now then let that happen."



"I'll help you. We're linked. I'll give you the strength you need to keep from feeding." Adam pleaded.

"What about you? Won't that increase your need to feed? I can't let you sacrifice yourself for me. I'm sorry it's better if die now"

"No please Elliot don't do this. I can't let you. Don't let Alessandro win. If you go I'll give up too. Give me a reason to fight what I'm becoming." Adam yelled in desperation "please Elliot help me."

"How? How can I help you?" Elliot asked "I can't. I'm not strong enough to keep you from feeding..."

"No but you can give me a reason to fight it. You can encourage me not to give up. Tell me all the reasons I have not to give in to feed," Adam said "please won't you do that for me?"

"I'll do anything for you, Elliot said wearily.

"Good I need all the help I can get," Adam reached out and mentally hugged his brother.


Both boys let out a collective sigh as Adam collapsed on the step. Chase went to check on him 
"Adam...Adam?" he called.  Checking for a pulse, he found one slow but steady. Looking up into William's concerned face he asked "How's Elliot?"

William turned towards Kyle whose eyes had been riveted on Elliot since Alessandro began to feed upon him "Kyle how's Elliot?"

Shaking his head Kyle said "the same. No response what so ever." He's voice cracked as he fought to keep his emotions in check.

With a shout of triumph Percy turned to the others "the room is frozen. We've got to move." He went to pick up Adam only to have Chase wave him away.

"You need to keep your hands free in case you need to use your wand," Chase hold him "I'll carry him."


Nodding Percy accepted his help. Kyle struggled to pick up Elliot until William stopped him "I've got him."

"But...but," Kyle blinked back tears overcome with emotion. He moved out of the way accepting  his role as the one needing protection instead of the one doing the protecting. Being pregnant should be a joyous occasion instead all it was was a nuisance when he couldn't even carry his boyfriend to safety.

They ran as fast as they could hampered with two unconscious individuals. Breathing hard Chase gasped "where are we going?"

Percy looked towards Allanon for an answer. "My home. It is protected from all intrusions of a vampiric nature."

"Sound ok to you?" Percy asked


"I'm too tired to care," Chase muttered wishing the millionth time that he hadn't fallen for Logan's lies. All of this was his fault. Their lives were all in danger because of what he did. How could he ever make amends for this? Could they stop what Logan started? Would he ever have a chance to know his father? Emit? Was he really his father? The days he spent in the dungeon with Adam had convinced him that the Van Winkles weren't his enemies. With shock he realized he would put his life on the line for any one of these individuals. He would prove to them, his father and himself that he wasn't the same evil misguided person he was. Would they give him the chance to prove he had changed?

They spent several weeks hiding in Allanon's house while Alessandro searched everywhere for them. During that time Allanon kept Adam under a spell to keep him asleep so that Alessandro could not link to him. Elliot woke up weak from blood loss to answer their questions as to what happened when Adam linked to him. Refusing to look at Kyle, Elliot focused on the table top and drew patterns with his fingers as he talked. He didn't want to see the fear, shock and hurt in his partner's eyes as he described how close he had come to dying that day. If it weren't for the link Adam forged between them and giving him the strength he needed he would have given up. 


Afterwards as they lay in each other's arms Kyle whispered "I'm sorry."

Looking at him in concern "why? You did nothing to be sorry for."

Shrugging Kyle squeezed Elliot tight "I wasn't able to protect you from Alessandro's attack. I was afraid. If I had been braver I might have been able to prevent Alessandro from feeding on you. Because of me you might be turning into a vampire." His voice cracked as he finished speaking, his breathing rough and jagged.

"Don't talk like that," Elliot turned to him wiping the tears away. "It's not your fault. You couldn't have prevented what happened. I should have listened to you and not annoyed Alessandro." Putting a hand on Kyle's stomach "I'm glad you didn't try to stand up to him. You or the baby could have been hurt. I don't know what I would have done if that had happened."


Kyle put a hand over Elliot's as it rested on his stomach "I'm so useless," he muttered. "Everyone treats me like I'm made of glass. The only one who doesn't is William and he's even given me advice on what to expect. I never realized how many men had been impregnated by the aliens but I'm glad I know two of them since I can't go for medical advice." He reached up to run his fingers through Elliot's hair. "I'm so worried El. What will we do if we're still here, hiding when the baby's due? Or in a couple of months when I get huge and can't move and we need to run. It's already hard enough now but it'll only get worse...."

"I don't know baby but we'll figure it out," Elliot smiled at him "I wonder who the baby will look like. Whether it's a boy or a girl. What do you want?"

"I just hope it's healthy," Kyle absently rubbed his stomach "I hope all this stress isn't effecting the baby somehow. I wish I knew it was developing ok ....I wish...."

"You wish what?" Elliot asked concern thick in his voice.

"I wish I could see a doctor and make sure the baby's alright," Kyle said as tears slid down his cheeks. Pulling him close Elliot held him until they both fell asleep.


The next morning Allanon announced "it' time you leave Moonlight Falls. I can no longer safely hide you here."

"Where can we go?" Chase asked "I can't go to Midnight Hollow..." looking over at Kyle he continued "it might be a good place for you and Elliot..."

Shaking his head Allanon broke into the conversation "I wouldn't advise that. Midnight Hollow is annexed with Moonlight Falls and under the ruler-ship of Alessandro. I'm afraid it wouldn't be safe."


Kyle stared at his hand resting in his lap mumbling "I was hoping to be able to see a doctor. Someone who could tell me what's happening and what to expect."

Taking his hand Elliot said "we'll figure it out don't worry," he tried to reassure him. Looking up he said "would Dragon Valley be a good place to go?"

Thinking it over Allanon nodded "the dragons could be persuaded to cloak you from Alessandro's view." Allanon smiled "you have family there don't you?"

"Yes but it won't be the same without my dad," Elliot sighed "he's trapped in the future with Emit."


"You still have your mother and brother," Allanon pointed out "Adam will protect you and he knows what to expect with pregnancy."

"He's still unconscious, how much help can he be?" Kyle protested.

"Once your in Dragon Valley he will wake up." Allanon stated "I could not risk Alessandro linking to him while you were here."

"But won't he link to Adam once he's awake?" William asked from where he leaned against the wall. He had stayed, refusing to go home until he knew the boys were safe. He was the only one of the group that Alessandro wasn't hunting, he could go home at any time. He felt duty bound to see the boys safely home.

"Possibly but the dragons should shield him; especially if he has some in the house with him."


"He does," Elliot confirmed "at least three."

"A red one I hope," Allanon stated.

"No I don't think so," Elliot shoot his head.

"He should get one. It might prove an invaluable weapon against Alessandro. They will attack on command." Looking around the room Allanon continued "you leave at dawn I suggest you use today to rest." 


As they all got up Allanon pulled Percy aside whispering in his ear. Elliot watched concerned as Percy shook his head followed by a reluctant nod. He couldn't shake the feeling that something wasn't right. He only hope Percy wasn't involved.



7 comments:

  1. Percy is always causing trouble lol I'm sorry Perce, for making you so damn maleable to other's commands xD I wouldn't doubt if he ans Allanon were planning something. Speaking of Allanon, I really like his look. Are his clothes CC or a store item? I kind of want to see Kyle and Elliot with a daughter. It'd definitely be interesting to see how they'd handle it. I hope Dragon Valley will keep them shielded but I don't think it will, at least for long...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Percy is drawn to trouble like a magnet. What makes you think that Allanon is up to no good? Elliot could just be overly suspicious. LOL They are up to something but it doesn't necessarily mean it's bad though. Allanon's clothes is store content, you can find it here http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:34676
      I want to see the baby too...a girl would be nice. We'll find out soon. I'm imagining they'll be a bit overwhelmed lol and I just got a not so pleasant idea pop into my head of Kyle's dad showing up...I feel a side story emerging. Dragon Valley is a good place for them until a certain evil little girl shows up....

      Delete
  2. Hi

    You have been nominated :) http://pp.lckysim.co.uk/?page_id=3494

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi

    You have been nominated :) http://pp.lckysim.co.uk/?page_id=3494

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'll answer your questions soon.

      Delete
  4. Aww, poor Kyle. I can't imagine how it would feel to be so helpless, ugh, LOL, especially when all you want to do is help. I'm glad that they've figured out a place to go where they'll hopefully have things slightly easier, at least they won't be hunted by Alessandro. I wonder what Percy is up to. Hmm... LOL. Good to see that Chase is at least questioning his behavior from before, and everything he's been told.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kyle is feeling a bit fragile and concern for the baby is always in the back of his mind. Dragon Valley is the best option especially since Adam already lives there and the dragons are already cloaking his family. The dragons essentially control Dragon Valley and they only allow certain people to live in their town. People can come and visit but if they get out of line they will be asked to leave and never come back. But that's pretty extreme and only happens if they are perceived as a threat to a protected family. Alessandro won't give up so easily....
      Percy is always up to something but it might not be what you think....
      Chase is doing a lot of soul searching and regretting what he's done. He's been used by Logan and he wants to make amends for it. He really isn't bad just messed up and believing all the wrong people.
      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete