Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Generation 1, Chapter 27


 
The following day after the kids left for school Peter set about cleaning up after the fire. He had so much to do to get things ready for Adam's birthday party. He didn't feel quite right the light headedness he felt the night before was back and he felt like he was going to pass out. He tried to ignore it as he went about cleaning and replacing charred furniture. He had to pick up the cake and arrange for Adams present to arrive on time. Then Peters' world went upside down as he rushed to the bathroom. Oh great he had the stomach flu, he didn't have time to be sick. Well I'll rest for a couple of hours and I'm sure to feel better to enjoy Adam's party and if I'm not I'll pretend every things fine Peter thought as he laid down for a nap before the kids got home from school.
 



Adam was excited for his birthday, he was finally a teenager. He imagined how he could now get a job, learn to drive, have more independence. The list could go on but all his horizons were bright. As he stood before his cake trying to decide which one thing to wish for his face suddenly soured. He just caught sight of the last person he ever wanted at his birthday party. His mother, Vallari of all people. She was the absolute last person he wanted to see on his birthday.

It was bad enough that she moved into the house across the street. But to just show up at his birthday uninvited. Who does she think she is? His mind was preoccupied with thoughts of his mother and he distractedly blew out his candles, forgetting about the wish he wanted to make.


When he finished growing, he thought he looked pretty good; although he needed a haircut. He kind of liked the long hair but he knew his Dad wouldn't go for it. So he opted for one that was a little longer but still would pass the Dad test. He wanted to get a tattoo but his Dad said no not until he was eighteen. Since he couldn't get one he tried to convince his Dad to get one instead. Of course he said no to that too but he did say he would think about it. Which still meant no.


Back at the party after the make over, they found that Vallari was making all the little kids miserable and she flat out refused to leave when Peter asked her.

"Why should I leave? He's my son too."

"Vallari your causing a scene. You know as well as me that you are only to come over when and if the kids invite you. Adam didn't and doesn't want you here. I'm asking you to respect his wishes and leave." Peter tried to reason with her but she wouldn't budge.

"I'm not leaving! The judge was cruel and unfair! How dare he say I owe you child support. Do you know what he did? Do you? He sent a letter informing me that if I don't pay the six months of child support I owe than I could be looking at jail time. Can you believe that? Well I'm telling you I'm not paying. Not one cent. Not if my own kids won't come and see me. I live just across the street and they ignore me like I don't exist."

"I won't have this conversation with you, Vallari, not now. Pay don't pay I don't care. But your proving to everyone here why your kids don't want anything to do with you. So do yourself a favor and leave." With that Peter turned his back on her and walked away.


Adam seeing the altercation between his parents decided to try to convince Vallari to leave himself.

"Mom please! Can't you see how upset the kids are that your here?"

"Good! Serves them right for how they treat me."

"How they treat you? Why should they treat you any better than how you treat them? Come on Mom, when's the last time you've ever been nice to any one of us?"


"What? How dare you talk to me like that! I'm your mother. I gave birth to you, gave you life, I ..."

Not wanting to listen to the full ridiculous tirade, he held up his hands and said "Whatever Mom, your a real pillar of society and mother of the year."

"You may live with your Father but that doesn't give you the right to be disrespectful of me. Now apologize" Vallari demanded.


"Yeah right! Respect is earned you old bat. I live with Dad because there's nothing on earth that could get me to live with you. Now get out!"

"Why I never! You ungrateful little beast. I can see who you take after. Your Father is a ...."

"Leave my Dad out of this you, you witch. My opinions are my own."


Peter seeing that Adam's conversation wasn't going well decided that he should interrupt them before things could get any worse.

"Son if you have a moment, I would like to give you your present now." Peter handed Adam a package and watched Adam's face go from one of anticipation to one of disappointment.

As Adam opened his present he tried hard not to let his disappointment show. "Gee Dad thanks" Adam began as he finally got the box opened. He suddenly stopped and smiled as he pulled out a set of keys. "You got me a car!" he exclaimed almost bouncing in his excitement.

His mother suddenly forgotten as he hugged his Dad saying "Your the best! Thank you! Thank you! When can I drive it?"

Laughing with excitement Peter said "We'll start the driving lessons as soon as I come back from my business trip. That should give you plenty of time to study the drivers manual."

"Alright. Can I see it?"

"Sure its right outside. The dealership just delivered it."

"It's the best present ever Dad. Thank you!"


Neither Peter or Adam noticed the vicious smirk that Vallari gave them as she swiped the burglar alarm that protected the property. As she walked past them, she eyed Adam's new car as she said to them "Revenge is sweet" and kept on walking across the street to her house.




 

10 comments:

  1. First the fire alarm (maybe), and so now she steals the burglar alarm? Vallari's such a wierdo. She really doesn't understand the reason people respect each other, does she? LOL, she thinks that the label of "mother" should be enough to have someone respect her? Man, she's really delusional. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vallari is someone you love to hate! Yes she did steal the burglar alarm, she does have the kleptomaniac trait so I wouldn't put it past her to have taken the fire alarm too. Yeah Vallari seriously believes that being a "mother" entitles her to automatic respect, she is delusional.

      Delete
  2. Who could possibly think stealing their son's car would be ok! For any reason! Damn lady, just croak already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vallari is one twisted, evil lady. She will do whatever it takes to make their lives miserable. She had no concept of what it means to be a mother. Unfortunately she's going to be around awhile. :(

      Delete
  3. That lady is an alarm stealing nutjob! As long as she doesn't go in for brake cutting I can ignore her though... She just doesnt seem to get that things, money and so on, don't make people happy or make them love you. So she can burgle them but they still won't want her around! At least Adam can stand up tk her now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only Vallari had kept to petty things but she's only getting started. She has an agenda and reason for why she's doing what she's doing. She's a very twisted and unhappy individual. Adam has learned to stand up for himself when it comes to Vallari.

      Delete
    2. Haha i agree with the Alarm stealing nut job thing lol. How is the judge not saying anything about her living so close? Peter should file for a restraining order!

      Delete
    3. He should but he feels somewhat sorry for her. Plus he has no proof that she took the alarms so there really isn't any grounds for a restraining order. Right now her living so close is a source of irritation for everyone because she can spy on them.

      Delete