Saturday, March 29, 2014

Generation 1, Chapter 33


It's been almost eight months since Jean moved in and everyone has grown to accept her as part of the family. Although Windy disliked her from the start; especially when Jean supervised her room decorating. Windy felt hindered in expressing herself and felt Jean was just like Peter, a complete control freak. She stormed out of the house and ran across the street to complain to Vallari of all the injustices she had to endure.

One day while the kids were all at school Peter surprised Jean with a ring. "Jean I love you with all my heart and would like to share my life with you from now to eternity. Will you marry me?"

Jean was extremely happy and burst into tears as she said "Yes, yes, a million times yes. I'll marry you."

Peter couldn't believe he had been given a second chance at happiness. Jean was his intellectual equal, his hearts desire, his life's joy. He felt is life's happiness was wrapped up in her.


Jean barely noticed the ring other than to notice it was exquisite. She was the happiest she'd ever been, she finally had her man, her family, the father of her child, life couldn't be any more perfect. She was perfectly content to stay within the confines of the loving arms of her husband to be. She loved Peter and his kids as if they were her own. Her anger boils over when she thinks of the ill treatment they had to endure at the hands of their mother. She see's Vallari glaring at them from across the street and how she escapes back inside if any of the kids look like they might go over there. Jean just couldn't understand how a mother could be so heartless. Her heart aches at the thought of the pain that Peter and the kids endured because of her and Jean was determined to make their home a safe and happy place.


That afternoon Peter was cooing over Jean's baby belly. He couldn't wait for the baby to be born. He felt like he did when Adam was expected, like he was experiencing this for the first time. Maybe he was trying to experience it through the eyes of Jean who was having her first child.



"So Peter, do you want a boy or a girl?" Jean asked, curious to know if he had a preference.

"It doesn't matter as long as it's healthy." Peter said continuing to talk nonsense to her belly.

"I hope he looks just like you" Jean commented.

Peter laughed and said "You must want a boy. You keep referring to the baby as he or him."

"I guess I do. Somehow I feel sure he's going to be a boy."


"Before the baby comes, did you want to redo Adams old room" Peter asked

"I might want to a little later but the new baby furniture is
perfect. Thank you for putting it together for me."

"It went pretty smoothly with Adam's help. I've been thinking that it's time to redecorate the whole house. Would you like to help with that project?"

"I've been dying to make some changes but didn't know if you wanted me to or not."

"I would love any help you can give me. Right now the house looks too much like Vallari and I want it to look more like you."

"Looks like I have my work cut out for me. Planning a wedding and remodeling the house."

"Speaking of the wedding when do you want to set the date?" Peter asked.

Thinking a moment Jean said "How about a couple months after the baby is born? Is that soon enough for you?"

"That's perfect but does that give you enough time to organize everything the way you want it?"

"I don't see why not. I don't want anything extravagant. Just a simple ceremony in the garden and a few friends and family to share our joy. My biggest concern is whether or not to redecorate before or after the wedding."

"I'd say after. It'll give you more time to do it the way you want." Peter suggested.

"Ok I'll wait. So what is my budget for this remodel?"

"I was thinking within the neighborhood of 20 to 50 thousand. Do you think that's enough?"

"That should be plenty and if not I'll make do."


Later that night they announced to the family the wedding date. Everyone was excited accept Windy. As soon as she could, she snuck across the street to tell Vallari.

"Mom" Corina began then stopped in confusion "is it alright if I call you mom?"

"Yes if you want to sweetheart." Jean said happy that Corina felt comfortable enough with her to call her mom.

"Ok I will. I like you lots more than my real mom. I wish you could switch places and be my real mom."

"Honey just because someone gives birth to a child doesn't automatically make them a mother. It takes love and understanding to be a mom."

"Then you'll be a great mom." Corina said wistfully



"Are you excited for the baby to be born?"

"Yes I am. Would you like to feel the baby kick?" Corina nodded her head as Jean took her hand and pressed it against her belly. Corina smiled in delight as she felt the baby kick.

"Does it hurt?" she asked in concern.

"Sometimes. But he can't help it. He's in such a small confined space. When he's born, do you want to help me take care of him? He'll need lots of help because he'll be so small."

"I'd like that. I want to be a good big sister."

"I'm sure you will be." As Jean said that she felt severe cramps. Panting a little in pain she was concerned that Corina might panic.

"Mom are you ok?" Corina cried in panic.

"I'm fine. The baby's coming. Get your Father." Jean said between stabs of pain.
 
 
Corina ran from the room shouting "Dad come quick. The baby's coming!" Peter was downstairs working in the lab, when he heard Corina shouting for him. Leaving his experiment, he ran up the stairs, knowing something wasn't right. When he reached the top of the stairs, Corina ran to him in relief and hastily told him "The baby's coming, hurry!"

Peter quickly grabbed the bags Jean had ready by the door and helped Jean out to the car. He told Adam that he was in charge and he would call once the baby was born. They arrived at the hospital in plenty of time. Eight hours later Jean gave birth to a baby boy they named Elliot. Elliot was born with the loves the outdoors and loves the heat traits.
 


A few days later they left the hospital and brought Elliot home. Everyone was excited to meet their new brother. Once Jean was feeling up to it she started to remodel the house, feeling there were some things she wanted to change before the wedding.
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Corina's so cute, bonding with Jean like that. Ew, Windy goes to talk to Vallari? :/ Creepy. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the kids like Jean a lot but Adam and Corina are the most accepting of her. Windy likes causing trouble and she has two friends, Adam and Vallari.

      Delete
  2. Apologies awful joke alert... It's just a Windy really blows. (Ack sorry I junk it's out my system now!)

    Yay for little Aelliot though... And I like forums! it's nice to see more of the girls. But still no diagnosis. If Peter dies in me just as he gets his life sorted I might have to kill you! Man I hope Vallari isn't poisoning him.....Moshe wouldn't ... Would she?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're forgiven for the extremely bad joke!

      Elliot is a little cutie! Please don't kill me but I can't tell you what happens to Peter. Well I can but then it would spoil it for you. Whatever gives you the idea that Vallari might possibly be poisoning her ex-husband?

      Delete
  3. Why is Windy always at Vallari's house? It's kind of suspicious. Worst imaginary friend ever. Happy for Peter and Jean though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Windy is not the imaginary friend Adam thought she was. Windy has adopted Vallari has a sort of role model and Vallari is taking advantage of it. Thanks to Windy, Vallari now has a spy in the house. Peter and Jean are so in love and happy right now, hopefully it will last.

      Delete