Thursday, August 14, 2014

Generation 2, Chapter 2 - Doubts

Bleeding Love


Adam was sweating despite the chill in the air, as he lead Windy to the side of the house. His stomach clinched as he thought about what he was about to ask her.

"Adam your parents are expecting us," Windy said as she followed Adam. She dreaded what was coming next, she had done all she could to avoid this moment. Looking at Adam, she wondered if she had it in her to commit to him and be happy.

Adam wet his lips as he glanced at Windy. Fleeting thoughts ran through his mind 'why does she look so anxious? Doesn't she want to marry me? Has she changed her mind?' Doubts he had tried hard to ignore skittered through his mind.

"Adam we really should be going inside. It's a little chilly out here."

"Uh Windy I have something important to ask you."



As Adam dropped to his knees, Windy felt her heart drop to the bottom of her stomach. She wanted to run, hide anything to avoid this moment. As she watched Adam she silently screamed inside her head "no Adam, please no."




"Windy I've loved you since you were a ragged doll I played with as a child. As I got older you became something very special. Despite our ups and downs we have stuck together. You have been my confidant, my friend. Will you now be my wife?" Adam pulled a ring out of his pocket and smiled hopefully up at her.


Silently Windy stood shaking before him, wishing she could run, anything to escape. Looking down into his eyes, realizing her answer was taking too long, she tried to unstick her tongue and tell him that no she couldn't, wouldn't be his wife. Instead she closed her eyes and held her hand out so that he could slip the ring on her finger. His sigh of relief and happy smile was enough to make her cringe inside as she wondered what she had just done.

After slipping the ring on her finger, Adam tried to ignore the disappointment he felt. He felt something wasn't right. He wondered why Windy wasn't happy and if she really didn't want to marry him, why did she allow him to put his ring on her finger? Puzzled by the mixed signals he was receiving, Adam wasn't sure this was what she wanted after all the planning they did while she was away at military school.


Windy took a moment to look at her hand, at the ring she was wearing and asked herself 'Is this what I truly want? I know this is what we had agreed upon but that was before I met ... but that doesn't matter now he won't give up his job to be with me. He made that abundantly clear before I left to come home. So now all I have is Adam.' Smiling brightly, she threw herself into Adams' arms, kissing him trying to dispel all of his doubts if not her own.


The next morning Adam found his Dad alone in the lab. Unable to hide his excitement Adam blurted out "I asked Windy to marry me."

"You did what?" Peter asked hoping he heard wrong. Peter felt a pit open up in his stomach. He had hoped Adam and Windy had grown apart, he had known Adam had suspicions about her dating other guys while she was away. He hadn't expected Adam to ask her to marry him so soon after coming home.

"Son are you sure your ready to get married? What about college?"

"I'm still planning on going to college," Adam frowned "We haven't set a date yet."

Peter couldn't help but feel relieved but wondered aloud "Have you discussed with Windy about your concerns about her dating other guys and how that made you feel."

"Well not exactly. I'm sure that won't be a problem now that we'll be together and going to the same college."

 

5 comments:

  1. Uh oh... this is not good at all. Well it has to happen for Emit to be created but I don't like that Windy is settling :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it's not good but your right it does have happen for Emit to exist in the future. There's a reason why Windy is settling for Adam when she would much rather it be someone else.

      Delete
  2. LOL, Adam's so naive. It's kind of interesting, knowing this has to happen, but seeing it unfold is fun, especially when they're not the best couple in the world. Ahh, Windy fell in love with someone else, I see, but he didn't want to change jobs for her, I wonder if he wasn't really in love with her, but I'll just have to find out. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adam is too naive for his own good. I keep hoping he'll open his eyes and see Windy for who she is but nope he keeps wearing his rose colored glasses. They make a terrible couple.
      You'll be meeting Windy's man and in a way he almost makes me feel sorry for her but not much.

      Delete