Saturday, February 22, 2014

Generation 1, Chapter 10



Peter decided it was time to make some home improvements and had a pool built in the basement. He had always wanted an indoor pool and one in the basement seemed to be unique. They made a space for some gym equipment to hopefully help Vallari gain a promotion on the team. Although any team that has a middle aged woman as their team captain has no one to blame but themselves for their losing streak. Most games the ending score is 0 to 18 and they think it was a good game if they are able to score at least once.


The new addition also included a study/lab so that Peter could continue to improve his science skills.


They moved the chemistry table into the lab, so that Adam could work on his potions with his Dad nearby to help.


It didn't always prevent explosions from happening but Peter was always there when they did. So Adam never gave up and kept persevering in his quest to find the right potion to make Windy real. Although it was discouraging every time something exploded but he knew he would eventually find the right combination.


One evening Peter and Adam were in the lab discussing the merits of having other interests outside of science.

 "Dad would it be alright if I take music lessons?" Adam asked.

"I don't see why not. What instrument would you like to play?" Peter replied stifling the disappoint he was feeling thinking that Adam had lost his interest in science. But he knew he would support him in whatever he chose to do, no matter what.

"I don't know. I just wanted to know I could if I wanted to. Mom said I had to be a scientist like you, so I wanted to know what you thought." Adam told his father.

"Son it would give me great pleasure to see you follow in my footsteps but that doesn't mean you have to. I want you to be happy and if music makes you happy then that's what I want you to do." Peter said, while thinking that he was going to have a little talk with Vallari to not put so much pressure on Adam.


"Thanks Dad. I feel better knowing I have a choice." Adam said hugging his dad tightly.

"Adam you will always have a choice and if you ever feel pressured to do something you don't want to do, please let me know" Peter reassured him.

"Alright I'll do that. Mom is awful pushy and she never listens" Adam complained.

"That she is. I'll talk to her. Now I think it's bedtime" Peter said.

 "Alright Dad. Could you read me a story?" Adam asked.


 "Sure buddy, I found an interesting story in the Internet volumes I've been reading." Peter began reading and Adam was soon asleep.

12 comments:

  1. Oh Vallari, LOL. She cracks me up. It's smart that Adam asked Peter what he thought too, rather than just thinking he had to do what Vallari said. Peter's a good dad. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peter's an awesome dad. Adam has a good relationship with his dad and isn't afraid to go to him when he feels pressured. Vallari has no idea why she doesn't have more control over Adam. But in reality Adam views Optimus Evan more as a mother figure than Vallari. :)

      Delete
  2. Poor little Adam, I'd suggest he takes up trumpet and practices in Vallari's room first thing in the Morning.

    At least he has Peter to rely on :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peter wants his children to be able to follow their own path. He was pretty much forced into becoming a scientist by his father and he doesn't want to put that kind of pressure on Adam. Adam should but he got Crash to give him some drum lessons.

      Delete
  3. I hope Peter does have a talk with Vallari. Poor Adam feeling pressured into things. I hope he's able to make up his mind without too much pressure from others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peter will talk to her but she only hears what she wants and sees nothing wrong in pushing Adam to do what she wants him to do. The pressure she puts on Adam will be her undoing because there's nothing more important to Peter than his kids happiness.

      Delete
  4. Lol I have this feeling that whatever Peter would be reading on the internet would be exactly what someone needed to fall asleep. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was but since Adam is a genius he may have found it as fascinating as Peter did.

      Delete
  5. Adam is adorable. It's kind of sad that Vallari is so hard on him. He's lucky that he has Peter to watch out for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adam was my favorite right from the start. Peter will talk to Vallari but unfortunately or maybe it's fortunate it has the opposite effect on her and is the beginning of Peter's wake up call. Adam's pretty lucky he has Peter for a dad.

      Delete