Thursday, March 13, 2014

Generation 1, Chapter 28



After all the guests left, Windy had a private birthday celebration of her own. Adam watched as she grew into a larger version of her doll self. He wondered to himself what she would look life if she were real.

"Windy what would you look like if you were real like me?"

"I don't know. Make me real and we'll find out together." Windy replied with a giggle.

Adam wondered if his potion would work but he still hesitated. He wasn't sure if he should, would there be repercussions if he did make her real.

"Windy would you like to be real?" Adam asked thinking if she wanted to be real then he would give her the potion.

"Not right now. Life seems to difficult for you right now as you haven't had time to play with me lately. I wonder if you even like me anymore." Windy responded.

That kind of hurt Adam's feelings a little. Couldn't she understand that he was getting too old to play with dolls? Besides he was busy helping his Dad care for his younger siblings since his worthless Mother wouldn't lift a finger to help.

"Windy if you really want to be become real, I'll promise to play with you more often."

"Ok if you promise to play with me" Windy agreed.


True to his word, Adam started spending more time with Windy. Now that she was bigger he enjoyed teaching her how to dance. Of course everyone else looked at him as if he were crazy but he wanted Windy to become real, especially now. His Dad has been gone a couple days on a business trip and left him charge. He hoped his Dad would find some time to rest as he hadn't looked well lately, kinda pale and tired looking so some rest would do him good.

It was difficult making sure the little ones all got up in time to go to school and making sure they all had their homework done. Not to mention making sure everyone was fed and clean and the list could go on. He didn't know how his Dad did it with working and everything else. He wondered if he made Windy real if she would be able to help. It would be nice to share the responsibility with someone else.
 


Adam thought it over and decided he was going to ask Windy again if she wanted to be real.

"Windy I've kept my end of the bargain and played with you a lot lately. Do you want to be real now?"

"Um maybe, possibly soon" Windy responded without committing herself.

"What does that mean? Why don't you want to be real?"

Thinking for a moment Windy answered "Why do you want to make me real?"

"You've been my best friend ever since I can remember. I always wanted you to be real" Adam replied honestly.

Smiling broadly Windy said "I'll become real if you take me to Prom with you."

"Prom? I wasn't planning on going to prom this year. But I guess I could change my mind and go if you wanted to go with me."

"Ok I want to be real" Windy said and the asked "What do I have to do?"

"Well I have this potion for you to drink" Adam said handing her the vial to drink.

"Are you sure?" Windy asked eyeing the liquid suspiciously.

"Yeah I'm sure."

"Ok here goes nothing" Windy drank the potion.




As Windy drank the potion she became covered in bubbles and light. She giggled with delight and said "This tickles." As the light became brighter and the bubbles got bigger she started to transform right before Adams eyes. He watched intently the entire transformation hardly believing his eyes. His wish was finally coming true, his best friend was finally becoming real. Although there was a little voice in the back of his head telling him that something was wrong. Why would Windy, his best friend, put conditions on him to become real? He silently told that little voice to be quiet but it persisted in telling him something wasn't right. He continued to ignore it until he could no longer hear it.



When the transformation was complete Adam was astonished on how pretty she looked. He especially liked her blue hair.

"Windy your, your beautiful." Adam exclaimed.

"Of course I am" Windy agreed "and I'll look even better when I go to the salon and have a makeover."

"I think you look ok as it is." Adam said hesitating to give her money to go the salon.

"Come on hand it over. If you expect me to go to school and to prom with you I have to look good, don't I? Besides you had a makeover when you had your birthday. Why can't I? I only want to look good for you."

"Ok, ok go to the salon and have your makeover."

"Great I knew I could count on you."



Later that night while everyone was asleep a noise woke Adam up. He laid there wondering what it was. Was that a car door? Dad was supposed to be home for another day or two. Suddenly wide awake Adam got up and looked out the window and froze. He saw someone in a mask breaking into his car, a robber. Someone was stealing his car. He quickly grabbed his phone and called 911 and he ran outside to try to stop the robber but it was too late. The robber was going to get away and the cops wouldn't catch him.

Adam was devastated at the loss of his car. He didn't even get to drive it once. He sat in it on his birthday but his Dad wasn't feeling well that night after his birthday party, so they postponed the drive until after his trip. Now he would never get to drive it! Then he wondered, why didn't the burglar alarm go off? He hadn't noticed it on the wall by the door lately but it had always been there ever since he could remember. Who would take there alarm? Then he remembered his Mother's spiteful words as she left his party. 'Revenge is sweet' and he knew. His mother was responsible for his car being stolen. He knew he couldn't prove it but he knew he was right.
 

8 comments:

  1. *sigh* Vallari.
    I hope Windy doesn't become another Vallari. Adam's kind of suspecting her cause she is a little demanding, and I agree with him, why are there conditions to a friendship? o.O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Vallari - being her spiteful self. I suspect she's going to use the money she gets from the car to pay her back child support so she can avoid going to jail.
      Adam should have listened to that little voice in his head. Windy molded her personality on the only female role model in the house, Vallari. Time will tell whether she will be as evil too.

      Delete
  2. Windy looks.... Kinda plastic and a bit... Well a little Vallari like. MeepP! And damn her car stealing pal... Adam won't let that go soon though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vallari like, yes you could certainly say that and she might even be a little worse if that's even possible. You'll get to know her really well through the rest of this gen and into the next. Poor Adam first his mother now Windy. Adam wants Vallari to pay for having his car stolen but he doesn't have any proof.

      Delete
  3. Seriously Windy is a gold digger? Adam needs to tell her to get a job or get out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Windy is trouble but Adam doesn't want to see it and his blindness will cause him grief in the future.

      Delete